Job Title: Administrative and Ministry Support Coordinator
Job Type: Part-Time (20 hours per week)
Employer: Boston Chinese Evangelical Church (Non-denominational)
Location: Boston, MA and Newton, MA
Availability: Anticipated mid-Dec 2023 start
Seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and energetic administrative and ministry support professional to join our team. This individual will perform a wide range of administrative activities to support various ministries and facilitate effective and efficient operations of the BCEC Campuses. This individual will report to the Office Manager and work closely with the pastoral and other administrative staff. This position requires the flexibility to work on weekends (when necessary) and at both the Boston and Newton locations.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office, such as performing routine clerical duties, maintaining files and office supplies, managing the church’s calendar, appointments, and facilities reservations, taking meeting minutes, maintaining official records, and processing background checks.
- Utilize a variety of systems (e.g. email, Slack, church management system) to communicate effectively with the staff, volunteers, and congregations.
- Support ministry and outreach planning for pastoral staff, such as transportation bookings, facility reservations, vendor coordination, expense reimbursement requests, and special event logistics planning and coordination.
- Maintain the church management system and online registration platform, such as updating visitor and member records, worship service attendance, and managing event registrations.
- Maintain the church website and online profiles and updates with the church’s weekly sermons, bulletins, and events.
- Participate as a team player and support other administrative and ministry support staff as needed.
Particular Duties and Responsibilities
This position will support primarily English-speaking ministries, working closely with the English pastoral staff to:
- Publish the weekly newsletters.
- Coordinate and arrange logistics for Sunday worship services with staff and volunteers.
- Create informational materials using online creative design tools, such as Canva and Adobe.
- Manage pastoral email, correspondence, and appointments.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- At least 2 years of solid administrative experience.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Cantonese/Mandarin speaking and Chinese writing skills are desirable.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and Google Suite (documents, sheets, forms, and sites). ProPresenter skill is desirable.
- Experience with website and database management, social media platforms, and Zoom video conferencing platform.
- Ability to learn, adapt and use technology-based applications.
- Proven ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Flexible and able to adapt to last-minute developments, typical of church ministry.
- Demonstrated maturity to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Previous experience working in an Asian American church setting preferred.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
How To Apply
Please include the names and contacts of two references with your application. Upon review of your resume, we will request a submission of two letters of reference.
Please send a cover letter and résumé by email to:
Boston Chinese Evangelical Church
Email address: [email protected]