Warehouse 242, a local church in Charlotte, NC is a community of imperfect people, beloved by Jesus, seeking to live in Him and in His ways. We hold fast to this identity statement as it names our reality (imperfect but beloved) and our hopes and dreams (seeking Jesus and living out of His abundance). We are in a season flush with hope and wonder. We are grateful for the myriad of ways God is leading us by His gracious hand. We find ourselves to be challenged, curious, supported and encouraged on our journey. Our staff is committed to one another, the community, personal health, spiritual formation, celebration and fun. Our culture matters as we long for spaces of shalom, hope and joy.
Job Description for Position: The part-time Administrative Assistant provides administrative support in carrying out the operational responsibilities of Warehouse 242. This individual is also the primary administrative assistant for the pastors.
Office and Clerical Support:
- Maintain reception desk Tuesday – Thursday, 9:30 – 4:30 pm. (20 hours per week).
- Serve as ministry host: screen and route calls and emails, honor visitors to the church building, provide proper information to those seeking information.
- Assist with planning, coordination, and communication regarding events and activities .
- Oversee Sunday morning hospitality teams: organize, schedule, and communication.
- Maintain church calendar, including scheduling of ministry events.
- Plan and organize church events (in collaboration) and oversee all event logistics, including lining up volunteers, catering, facilities, and other logistics.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies and other necessary purchases for ministry.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other church meetings (as needed).
- Manage, update, and upload church communication (along with the social media team).
- Work with Business Administrator regarding daily operational tasks.
- Help with facility maintenance including the scheduling of janitorial services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Support Pastoral Leadership:
- Assist pastors with organizational, communication, and administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments, meeting and travel requirements, helping with presentations, running copies, filing important documents, taking notes, purchasing items for ministry, setting up the facility to receive groups, and other management needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be committed to Warehouse 242’s mission, message, culture and vision.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus and evidence of maturing relationship with Him.
- Must be a self-starter and with strong communication and organizational skills.
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree recommended.
- Have experiences pertinent to position.
- Must be flexible and committed to team collaboration.
- Necessary skills in communication (written and oral), organization and administration .
How To Apply
Please send cover letters and resumes to: [email protected].