New Castle Bible Church (Mackinaw, IL) – AP Care and Discipleship
The Big Picture
New Castle Bible Church (myncbc.org) is seeking to hire a gifted spiritual shepherd with high organizational competency in leadership, preaching, equipping, and biblical counseling.
As an Associate Pastor at New Castle Bible Church, he is an elder-qualified man serving in specific areas of pastoral ministry. Associate Pastors may serve the congregation in general or in specific roles of spiritual equipping and oversight as determined by the Elders.
In addition, they are authorized by the church to perform the duties of pastoral ministry which include:
- Preaching and teaching in the public worship services of the church.
- Performing weddings and funerals
- Providing care and counsel to the congregation.
- Developing the equipping ministries of the church.
By virtue of their training, qualifications, and call to ministry, Associate Pastors contribute appreciably to the insight and vision of the Senior Pastor as well as represent the church at large in the communities we serve. As an Associate Pastor at New Castle Bible Church, he is not individually expected to perform all the work of this ministry, but rather to “equip” and “build up” the church for the work of this ministry (Eph 4:11-12).
Calling & Education
- Solid calling to serve as a supporting pastor in a growing pastoral staff.
- Called and gifted by God to serve NCBC in this role.
- Continuing in ongoing education and personal character development.
- Master of Divinity degree strongly preferred but not required.
- Willing to seek certification with Association of Certified Biblical. Counselors (if not already).
- Willing to seek formal ordination (if not already).
Experience & Required Skills
- 3-5 years of pastoral experience in similarly sized church (500+) or larger strongly preferred.
- Must be a man humbly devoted to the ministry of God’s Word and prayer (Acts 6:4).
- Must be able to competently minister God’s Word both in public and private (Acts 20:20).
- Must be an excellent time manager who is able to bring a high level of consistent quality to multiple ministries working through several direct reports simultaneously.
- Must be gifted to teach and preach.
- Must be able to train and equip biblical counselors.
$60,000 to 90,000, depending on experience.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate Pastor for New Castle Bible Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate Pastor at New Castle Bible Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of New Castle Bible Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].