Victory Baptist Church (Hermiston, OR) – AP – Worship/Youth
The Big Picture
Victory Baptist Church (yourvictory.org) is seeking a Pastor of Music and Youth Ministries who will have job responsibilities divided between Worship Ministry (45%), Youth Ministries (45%), and General Ministries (10%).
Victory Baptist Church is an independent community of Jesus-followers located in downtown Hermiston. Our church was established in October 2000, is financially sound and holds no mortgage on our building. Since March 2011, we have been affiliated with Conservative Baptist Northwest (CBNW). Victory is a warm, loving and generous group of people. Its membership is comprised of ~72 adults and 56 children, ranging in age from infants to eighty-year-olds, coming from a variety of backgrounds, professions and walks of life. We come together, using the different gifts and talents that God has given us, to worship God, build each other up in Christ and reach our community and the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Among our distinctives are: God’s sovereignty in salvation, plurality of elders and the complementary roles of men and women in the church.
Hermiston is a town of ~19,000. (The combined population of Hermiston and the surrounding smaller towns was ~87,062 at the 2010 census.) The largest and fastest growing town in Eastern OR, it is projected to double in size in the next ten years. It is basically an agricultural community with an ever-expanding foot in the technology industry. Its population is 50% Hispanic.
The Pastor of Music and Youth Ministries will have job responsibilities divided between Music Ministry (45%), Youth Ministry (45%), and General Ministries (10%).
Music Ministry (worship leader):
- The Primary weekly responsibilities will encompass preparation for and leading of the worship services on Sunday morning.
- Manage the music ministry and all the issues that relate to this function within the church including, but not limited to:
- Leading the Worship Service in a way that focuses attention on Christ and not self.
- Conducting praise band/praise team rehearsals.
- Planning, Arranging, and providing music to the praise band.
- Organizing the order of the Worship Service.
- Coordinating with the audio and sound technicians.
- Managing planning center and other behind the scenes preparations for the praise service.
- This individual is expected to participate in church-wide special services or ministries.
- If circumstances prevent his being able to attend, he is expected to provide a suitable substitute.
- Mature and growing relationship with Jesus.
- Meets the qualifications for an Elder is 1 Timothy and Titus.
- Understands and affirms Church statement of faith and identity documents.
- Able to lead and teach others in pursuit of God’s truth and maturity.
- Musical ability and proficiency with guitar and/or Keyboards.
- Comfortable with both traditional church music as well as contemporary praise music.
- Three-Five years of involvement in music ministry (leader, member, or combination), or an equivalent amount of education.
- This can be volunteer as well as paid professional experience.
- One to Three years of experience/involvement in youth/children’s ministry or an equivalent amount of education.
- This can be volunteer as well as paid professional experience (camp counselor, etc.).
- Comfortable with computers and standard Office Software such as MS Word and Google Sheets/Docs/Drive.
- Adaptable and teachable. Capable of learning new systems and programs.
- College Degree in Ministry or Music, preferably from a Bible College or Seminary.
- Three years experience as a worship team leader.
- Three years experience in Youth Ministry.
- Experience with Planning Center and other applicable software.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate Pastor for Victory Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate Pastor at Victory Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Victory Baptist Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].