Assistant Director – Prison Discipleship Ministry Biblical References:
Acts 20:28-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4
Sense of calling to Prison Ministry:
The Candidate should articulate in his application his sense of calling by the Holy Spirit to work in prison ministry.
The Assistant Director should be an ordained minister in the PCA, or in the process of seeking ordination. The job will be primarily focused on teaching and preaching in jails, prisons and halfway houses as well as assisting the director. This is a full-time paid position.
The Assistant Director is hired by the Board of Directors of PDM and will serve under the direction of and work in coordination with the Director to assist him in teaching and preaching but also organizing and directing the various ministries of PDM. PDM views this person as one who will transition into the position of Director to assure the longevity of this work.
● Assist the Director with ministerial and administrative support needs as they arise in conformity with the goals and priorities currently established by PDM.● The Assistant is not responsible for doing all the work of the PDM ministry, but for seeing it is done in a fitting and orderly way.
● In the absence of Director, receive his phone calls, oversee and lead worship services, and other ministerial duties.
Visitation & Communication:
● Assists the Director in responding to inmate communications and visiting inmates as needed
● Coordinates volunteer education as well as inmate or halfway house programs
● Teach regular classes as appropriate – both in jails, prisons and also with PDM staff and
● Assists in discipleship ministries of PDM
● Engage in Leadership Development including cultivating volunteers
● Oversees repairs and maintenance of the building
● Ensures Web Site and Audio Ministry is properly executed.
Salary: To be determined by the PDM Board on an annual basis, this is a full-time paid position. Vacation: Two weeks paid.
How To Apply
How to Apply: If you are interested please email [email protected].