Redeemer Presbyterian Church (RPC) is searching for a full-time, experienced pastor to co-labor with our Teaching Pastor and Executive Director by shepherding our people toward the mission and in light of the vision of RPC.
Role & Responsibilities
Partner with Teaching Pastor and Executive Director in:
- Developing and maintaining our vision, priorities, and strategies.
- Developing sermon series and curricula.
- Preaching (up to 20 times per year).
- Participating in all pertinent ministry meetings and church events.
- Assisting in pastoral care, visitations, counseling and church ceremonies (e.g. weddings, funerals, other).
Lead the work of ministry at Redeemer by:
- Fostering hospitality and cultivating meaningful relationships in our congregation.
- Overseeing the operational details of Sunday worship.
- Developing formation ministries (e.g. Small groups, Sunday School, etc).
- Investing in development of current and future leadership.
- Supporting and/or leading church-wide events.
- Communicating effectively and timely.
- Assisting in other duties as assigned by the Session.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent.
- Ordained (or able to be ordained) in the PCA.
- Good faith subscription to the Westminster Standards.
- Experience of at least 7-10 years in pastoral ministry or similar leadership position.
- High regard for the ordinary means of grace and ancient Christian practices.
- Steeped in trust for the power of grace to forgive and free God’s people.
- Love for and cultivation of church culture and community.
- Thoughtful about discipleship within the cultural issues of our day.
- Deep desire to develop relationships in the church and partner ecumenically for the growth of the kingdom and good of the marginalized.
Redeemer Presbyterian is a worshiping community that exists to be transformed by God’s grace into faithful servants of all. We are nestled in the heart of Winston- Salem, NC in the Historic Ardmore neighborhood which joins two major medical centers and is close to downtown. After our start in 1981, we planted several churches in the surrounding area with whom we now partner in our work around Winston-Salem. We are now a church of 350-400 regular attenders who are eager to see what the Lord has for us in this season.
As a redeemed people, we see church as a new family, not as an activity. Love from God drives our actions as we interact with and serve people both in Winston-Salem and every part of the world. We support 18 cross-cultural workers and are deeply involved locally. The teaching of God’s Word helps us live faithfully and at peace with Him and one another. We are intentional about spending time in worship, prayer, and the Word as we reach out to others and welcome those who reach out to us. We use our abilities and gifts to be the hands and feet of Jesus so we can effectively serve others, particularly in our priorities of next generation ministries, hospitality, deepening relationships, and spiritual formation. Our desire is for God to advance His Kingdom through us becoming faithful servants of all.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, 2 references and 2 of your sermons online at www.redeemerws.org/pastorsearch.