- Demonstrated Christian character.
- Heart and skill set adapted to one-on-one discipleship, shepherding/pastoral care, and small group leadership.
- Outgoing self-starter.
- Ability to work harmoniously with Trinity’s leadership.
- Relevant experience in local church ministry.
- M.Div. or equivalent.
About Trinity Presbyterian Church
Trinity is a vibrant and diverse community of Christians serving Providence, Rhode Island and the surrounding metropolitan area. A congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America, it is Trinity’s privilege to offer the hope and encouragement that can be found only in Jesus Christ. Further information can be found on the church website at www.trinitypresri.org.
To serve the Trinity congregation in a variety of ways, with particular focus on the areas of ministry outlined below. Note: Qualified applicants pursuing ministry in the PCA but who have not yet met the internship requirement will be considered with a view to a call as assistant pastor following a one-year internship.
Ordained or qualified to be ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America.
About the Job
- Active participation in worship, Christian education, community group, and meetings of session and presbytery.
- Reports to the senior pastor under supervision of the session.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Four weeks vacation, two weeks study leave.
- Periodic sabbaticals.
Areas of Responsibility:
Ministry of Word and Sacrament
- Preach and lead worship regularly.
- Provide pastoral counsel and shepherding care.
- Carry out occasional special assignments from the senior pastor.
Family, Youth, and Children
- Oversee and implement initiatives designed to shepherd and provide community for middle school and high school students.
- Establish and coordinate teams for youth-related groups and events.
- Supervise and work in coordination with the children’s ministry team to shepherd children preschool through elementary age.
- Provide support for specific initiatives such as vacation Bible school and tutoring programs.
Community and Discipleship
- Work in consultation with the session to implement and oversee programs of Christian education and community groups.
- Work in coordination with the RUF campus minister to connect college students with the communal life of Trinity.
- Reach out to non-RUF local campuses, especially Johnson & Wales, to establish relationships and create awareness of Trinity as a place of worship and college-oriented events.
How To Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “LastName, FirstName, Assistant Pastor Opening” in the memo line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with a goal of filling the position by the end of 2023.