FPC Church Profile
Assistant Pastor/Director of Family Ministry
First Presbyterian Church of Haines City (FPC) will celebrate our 100th
anniversary in March of 2025. Haines City and the surrounding area has
experienced an explosion in population growth over the last decade. To
prepare for the increase in growth, we are seeking to increase our
- Develop a Family Ministry Team and oversee the ministry to
parents, youth, and children by:
- Ministering to and establishing relationships with FPC youth.
- Leading and teaching confirmation classes.
- Training parents to be the primary disciple-makers of their children, teens, and college students.
- Recruiting and training adult volunteers to serve in the Youth Ministry and assist the Children Ministry Director in recruiting and training volunteers to serve in Children’s
- Working to involve youth and children in corporate Worship on Sunday mornings
- Supervising and guiding the Children’s Ministry Director
- Lead, teach, and oversee college and singles ministries.
- Be the Family Ministry Liaison to the Discipleship Ministry Team.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in leading worship, preaching, hospital visitation, and other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Session.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Well-versed in reformed theology that is steeped in the Scripture, Creeds, Confessions, and the ECO Essential Tenets.
- Passionate about Family Ministry and possesses a strong initiative.
- Comfortable with children, preteens, and teens of all ages and parents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Skilled at navigating social media.
- Experience working on a team in a mid-to-large sized church.
- Desire to invest in FPC Haines City and surrounding community for the long term.
- Successful ministry experience of 3+ years.
How To Apply
(Submit all documents to [email protected])
- Resume & letter of Intent (Please include how you see your spiritual gifts contributing to the ministry of FPC.)
- Undergraduate degree in the area of Biblical Studies or Theology or a post-graduate degree from an accredited seminary.
- Statement of Faith.
- Three references.