Date Posted: April 20, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Grace Church Stamford
Stamford, CT, USA
Job Type: Associate Pastor
Grace Church Stamford (PCA) is seeking an individual to fill the position of Assistant Pastor and Evangelist. This person should be a mature Christian that is called to full time ministry, loves talking about Jesus to non-Christians, enjoys studying God’s word with people, and wants to be part of the vision to establish a gospel hub of Reformed churches in New England.
The ideal candidate will:
Evangelism and outreach
- Be gifted in personal evangelism, with an eagerness to engage people, and little reluctance in approaching people and inviting them to church.
- Encourage and mobilize congregation to be involved in evangelism.
- Organize evangelistic events, from concept to execution, including giving an evangelistic talk, three times per year.
- Lead evangelistic course three times per year.
- Assist Senior Pastor with teaching and preaching:
- Preaching approximately nine times per year.
- Leading services approximately twelve times per year.
- Teaching bible studies.
- Have a pastoral heart to help the Senior Pastor shepherd and encourage the saints, which means wanting to make Grace Church Stamford your home church because of the people as much as the job responsibilities and duties.
- Assist with administrative tasks – assigned duties as needed.
- Actively participate in the ministry of Grace Church Stamford.
- Have the following skills and gifts:
- Personal Evangelism
- Organizational gifts
- Time management
- Attend all mandatory meetings and events including Sunday services.
- Have the following qualifications:
- MDiv, or in seminary in the process of completing MDiv.
- Ordained in the PCA, or willing to be ordained in the PCA.
- Three or more years of mentored ministry experience.
- Have a character above reproach, be teachable, a self-starter, have high emotional intelligence.
- Length of commitment 2+ years.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor as an employee of the Session. Will receive an annual performance review.
Grace Church Stamford provides a package that includes:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience/education.
- Health Insurance Allowance, and Life, Disability, and Dental insurance.
- Three weeks paid time off per year plus 1 week of study leave.
- Annual counseling coverage benefit.
How To Apply
Please visit our website for more information on our church. Any questions, please reach out to Timothy Sander, [email protected]. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Ken Kwan, [email protected].