Assistant Pastor for Student Ministries
About the Assistant Pastor for Student Ministries:
The Assistant Pastor of Student Ministries prepares and mobilizes middle and high school students to live a life on mission for Christ.
The Assistant Pastor for Student Ministries’s Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the Student Ministries team to fulfill Chapel Hill’s strategic end of preparing and mobilizing the next generation to live a life on mission for Christ, by:
- Training our students to live on mission and hosting multiple annual events that empower, equip and release our students to share the gospel.
- Taking every student through a program that develops a biblical worldview and enables their faith to endure post high-school.
- Equip, inspire and support the Student Ministries staff in their respective roles.
- Recruit, train and motivate adult volunteers for leadership in Student Ministries.
- Lead either the weekly High School Ministry or Middle School Ministry gathering, and empower the other full-time Director-level staff person to lead the other.
- Lead a team that will plan, coordinate and lead camps, retreats, conferences and mission trips.
- Work with the Student Ministries Administrative Assistant to ensure ministry information is up to date and adequately communicated.
- Communicate with students and parents on a regular basis to develop relationships.
- Manage the Student Ministries budget.
- Provide the pastoral duties of a Teaching Elder in the EPC, including attending Presbytery and GA meetings, attending Session meetings on a rotational basis, assisting in worship, visitation and counseling, and, when requested by the Senior Pastor, preaching in worship services.
- Attend monthly staff Leadership Team meetings.
- Respond to electronic communications in a timely and sensitive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.