Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Family Pastor is directly responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive program of Christian growth for ages 1-18. The Family Pastor will organize, oversee, and work with volunteers to reach, disciple, and inspire children, youth and families to live as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The Family Pastor will serve as a spiritual leader and role model in the church and community.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change as the ministry develops.
- Cast vision for ministry to children, youth, and families.
- Establish curriculum for each level that is Biblically sound and designed to help children grow in Christ at every phase of their development.
- Lead youth group ministry for middle and high schoolers.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff these ministries and events.
- Maintain good relationships with parents and work to encourage and support families.
- Seek out new families in attendance and work to connect them and their children to Christ and to our church family.
- Be involved in the worship* of the church including, but not limited to, preaching under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
*A heart for leading worship and/or musical talent would be a major advantage for an applicant. Please let us know if you have worship leading experience or play an instrument.
- Implement student registration with good policies and practices for all church-sponsored gatherings involving minors.
- Maintain and enforce all policies related to our “Kid Care” safety program including, but not limited to, background checks, privacy and confidentiality, proper reporting, and follow-up to any incidents, etc…
- Partner with the Trustees and Treasurer to develop an annual budget which supports children and student ministries. Manage annual spending to budget.
- Attend team leader meetings and other church meetings as directed by the Senior Pastor. Provide updates and reports to the congregation at quarterly meetings and as needed.
To do this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility with a high degree of integrity. The qualifications listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required but a heart for Christ is the most necessary requirement. The man chosen (along with his wife, if married) for this position will become a member of Village Bible Church and uphold all the responsibilities of a member in good standing including:
- The successful candidate will be a Bible-believing, completely committed believer and follower of Christ.
- With a calling to pastoral ministry, the male candidate will demonstrate a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leadership (1 Timothy 3:1-13, 2 Timothy 2, Titus 1:5-9).
- Is known for his love for Christ, God’s Word, the Gospel, and people, demonstrating the Fruit of the Spirit, continuous growth in his faith, and commitment to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer and rest.
- Deeply resonates and agrees with the mission, values, and doctrinal statement of Village Bible Church including areas of theology more consistent with dispensational thought. The pastor will review this with candidates.
- Possesses the gifts necessary to cultivate spiritual and emotional health in those around him.
Bachelor’s degree in biblical studies or a related field is preferred but other degrees will be considered with the expectation, if not already completed, that seminary training will follow. We will work with the right individual to help them develop church leadership skills, but the successful individual must possess a firm call to pastoral ministry, be someone with a strong desire to serve the Lord in that capacity with a passion for teaching others about God through His Word, all the while maintaining a teachable spirit.
The base salary will be around 50k, to be adjusted based on qualifications and experience. Health insurance (possibly a medical sharing plan) and retirement contribution will be added to base salary.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should contact Pastor Mike Sacco at [email protected].