To serve the local church by coordinating, implementing, and actively participating in the programs and ministries of the church with the purpose of eventually transitioning to the role of Senior Pastor. Will work under the direction, guidance, and mentorship of the current Senior Pastor during this transition period to develop and improve ministry skills needed as a Senior Pastor.
Assist the Senior Pastor in all areas of responsibility (see job description of Senior Pastor attached) to facilitate the vision, plans and programs of the church currently in place. Will assist in development of new programs and ministries in keeping with the church’s vision and goals.
Will assist the Senior Pastor with preaching and teaching responsibilities as assigned. Will provide leadership to professional and support staff as needed and as assigned by Senior Pastor and Council of Elders. Will build relationships within the church family and community through active participation in areas of ministry.
Church Life & Ministries:
★ The Senior Associate Pastor will work with the Senior Pastor, Council of Elders, and ministry leaders to become familiar with all aspects of church life and church ministries which may include the following:
A. Children’s Ministry
● Assist ministry leaders with coordination of Sunday AM program
● Assist with the Wednesday children’s ministry program
● Ability to teach lessons as needed
● Assist with recruiting and training of children’s ministry leaders, teachers, and volunteers
● Assist with the shepherding and encouragement of children, families, teachers and leaders
B. Youth Ministry
● Assist ministry leaders with the Sunday AM youth bible study. May include
teaching responsibilities as needed
● Assist with weekday evening youth group bible study and activities. May include teaching responsibilities as needed
● Assist with recruiting and training of youth group leaders, teachers, and
● Assist with the shepherding of youth and their families. Be a resource and
encouragement to ministry leaders, teachers, and volunteers.
C. Adult Ministries
● Provide oversight and direction to Sunday School/Adult Bible Study and Small Group ministries
● Ability to recruit, train and equip leaders and teachers for their responsibilities in Small Groups and Adult Bible Study
● Ability to lead and teach adult groups
● Assist with oversight and leadership of paid church staff and volunteers
● Develops quality relationships with staff; helps resolve any conflicts
● Participates in staff hiring as needed
● May assist in developing church policies, writing job descriptions, and performing yearly staff evaluations
● Assists in the evaluation of current staff and ministry needs. Evaluates ministry effectiveness
● Works with Council of Elders to facilitate directives related to church business, ministries, activities, schedules; Provides effective communication of the church’s purpose and mission to the congregation
● Will become familiar with church finances and annual budget process; provides budget input as requested
● Assists with miscellaneous administrative tasks related to the operation of the church as needed
E. Miscellaneous Pastoral Responsibilities
● Preaching and teaching as needed
● Pastoral care/counseling to individuals, couples, families; may include premarital counseling
● Participation in visitation of the sick, widows, and elderly
● May conduct weddings, funerals, and baptisms, preparation and support for each event
● Plan, coordinate, direct, and encourage outreach opportunities for youth and adults; provide training and equipping to share the gospel
● Assist with the welcoming and assimilation of newcomers/new members
● Assist with planning of worship services and services formats.
May participate in worship as gifted (ie; music, voice)
● The Senior Associate Pastor shall be accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Council of Elders. This accountability is maintained through regular personal consultations with the Senior Pastor, through staff meetings, and regular meetings with the Elder Council.
B. Board Relationships
● The Senior Associate Pastor, by virtue of office, will be a voting member of the Council of Elders.
C. Staff Relationships
● The Senior Associate Pastor shall assist with the oversight of support staff and shall oversee and coordinate work of ministry leaders and volunteers; may represent the Senior Pastor if so designated.
● Meet the qualifications of an elder as outlined in Scripture (I Timothy 3, Titus 1)
● Be an ordained minister of the Gospel (or actively involved in an ordination process)
● Be gifted as a Pastor-Teacher (Ephesians 4: 11-16)
● Demonstrate maturity in leadership and decision-making
● Be a team-builder/team player; Ability to edify, encourage, support
● Have experience in, and zeal for, the work of pastoral ministry
● Have a teachable spirit, an open mind, and servant’s heart
● Demonstrate a commitment to, and agree with, the purpose statement and statement of faith of First Central Bible Church https://firstcentral.church/index.php/pastoral-search-2
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected].