Associate Director of Youth Ministry
Full-time (40 hours)
Reports to: Director of Youth Ministries
Benefits: Yes, Comprehensive Package
Paid Time Off: Starting 2 Weeks + Holidays
Overview: The Associate Director of Youth Ministries will build relationships with the youth (Grades 7-12) of our church, strive to create a healthy and vibrant student community, and develop and coordinate effective and comprehensive youth ministry programs that facilitate the spiritual growth of our students
- Pray for St. George’s youth and the youth ministry program regularly.
- Know every youth on the roll by name.
- Know every youth parent/guardian on the roll by name.
- Spend at least 5 hours a week connecting with students outside of regular youth ministry programming (games, plays, coffee, etc.).
- Communicate relational contact work to the Youth Program Coordinator
- Meet monthly with volunteers for coffee or lunch check ins and foster relationships and support those walking with the ministry.
- Work with the youth ministry staff in creating the annual youth ministry calendar.
- Assist with leadership at major events, such as lock-ins, retreats, and ski trips.
- Work with the youth staff to ensure curriculum is in place for Confirmation and Youth Group.
- Work with the youth ministry staff in the planning and implementation of weekly programming.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of Wednesday night youth group.
- Work with the Youth Director to ensure the execution of small group opportunities for all youth, communities, schools and demographics.
- Input weekly attendance for Confirmation and Youth Group on Realm.
- Work with the youth photographer in editing any program photos or videos and filing in appropriate marketing folder.
- Provide needed support for the monthly Room in the Inn youth night (Nov-March).
- Update all social media posts at least weekly.
- Oversee the creation, editing and posting of the weekly Instagram program promotion.
- Update the website as needed.
- Work with the youth ministry staff, in recruiting, equipping and training volunteers.
- Attend weekly youth ministry team staff meetings.
- Attend weekly Family Ministry Team meetings.
- Attend monthly all staff meeting.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and general knowledge and passion of Scripture and Christian doctrine.
- A call to youth ministry in a church setting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in youth ministry work or equivalent work with youth.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Personal character of creativity, adaptability, resourcefulness, and maturity.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
To formally apply, email our Director of Youth Ministries Daniel Huff at [email protected] with your resume and 3 references! We look forward to hearing from you!