Associate for Student and Family Formation
The Associate for Student and Family Formation ministers to and responsible for the discipleship of students (6th – 12th grade and college) and their families. This role assumes that spiritual formation of students must reach beyond the students themselves and into the context of their family relationships and the relationships they have with the community around them. The ASFF’s primary responsibility is to the spiritual leadership and formation of the student community and integration of the adult/parent population within the discipleship program. Secondly, supporting CSP and the Rector through ordained activities of preaching and administering the sacraments, as well as providing pastoral counsel to the Rector and staff.
Desired Qualifications include:
- MDiv or qualifying MA in biblical studies/theology/pastoral ministry.
- Is ordained or has discerned a calling to ordained ministry in the ACNA.
- 3 years of active ministry experience, church staff experience working with youth preferred.
- Excellent teamwork and management abilities to lead multiple projects, recruit and supervise volunteers, and clearly articulate expectations.
- Ability to innovate, initiate, organize, complete, and follow up on applicable project work. Problem solving.
- Self-motivated to study and improve knowledge and skill in areas of responsibility as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with pastoral insight, in contact with staff, volunteers, parents, and students.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written formats, with a demonstrated ability to effectively present biblical and theological truths to age-appropriate audiences in group settings.
This position is Full-Time and reports to the Rector. Breakdown of responsibilities is roughly 70% student ministry, 10% parent/family formation, and 20% associate clergy ministry.
As is typical for ministry, this position requires a flexible schedule. It includes agreed upon office hours, Sunday services, various evening activities or meetings, as well as travel for camps and retreats.
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected].