Valley Fourth Church (Spokane Valley, WA) – Associate Pastor
The Big Picture
Valley Fourth Church (valley4th.com), a non-denominational church located in a suburb of Spokane, Washington, is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor.
Valley Fourth Church began as a church plant from historic Fourth Memorial Church in Spokane in 1972 and is completing 50 years of ministry influence highlighted by strong commitments to Biblical Discipleship, Expository Preaching and Local/Global Outreach. A church with a commitment to reaching and ministering to multi-generations under the leadership of committed Elders and Ministry Staff from an 8-acre ministry complex, VFC is “Disciple Focused” in mission and intent on establishing a new chapter in its ministry impact in the Spokane Valley and around the world. Doctrinally, VFC is fully dedicated to Inerrancy, is Premil and Pretrib in eschatology, and Complementarian in regard to the roles of church leadership and pastoral ministry.
Spokane Valley is a suburb of Spokane, Washington, a short twenty-minute drive from both Spokane and Coeur D’Alene, Idaho. The area boasts unmatched natural beauty and outdoor recreation graced by a four seasons weather experience, a vibrant downtown based around 100 acre Riverfront Park, anchored by Gonzaga and Whitworth Universities and world class hospitals, and an affordable standard of living that made Spokane rated as one of the Top 100 Places To Live in America in 2021. Yet with all these lifestyle advantages, Spokane was also recently rated as among the Top 10 Least Churched Cities in America. So, the spiritual challenges are deep and the personal need is great for Christ.
We are looking for an individual with a Pastor’s Heart to care for people and develop them as disciples, along with proven skills in building ministries and developing leaders, and an ability to preach and teach the Scriptures with impact across a broad range of ages. This is a role that involves partnering with the Senior Pastor and other Pastoral Staff to provide pastoral care, counseling and teaching in the broad church environment, as well as delivering specific impact in the development of new and existing ministry vehicles and leaders to enhance the ministry team’s realization of The Mission of VFC: to make, teach and send disciples for the glory of God.
- Five years paid ministry experience full-time in a church of similar size to VFC (300+ average Sunday morning attendance) as an Associate Pastor or Staff Pastor.
- Exemplifies spiritual maturity in a lifestyle that strives to reflect Christ in all areas.
- BA required in a ministry related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Possess and articulate a clear call to pastoral ministry.
- Agree with the Doctrinal Statement of VFC.
- Proven gifting and ability to deliver effective pastoral care and connection to a wide age range of adults.
- Proven ability to preach and teach exegetical messages with theological integrity and life application.
- A Biblically driven philosophy of ministry.
- A highly relational leadership style with a strong desire to invest in the lives of people across the spiritual spectrum of maturity, including potential leaders.
- Demonstrated organizational ability, possessing the skills required to develop and deliver ministry programs, to administrate effectively, and to create and manage ministry budgets.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate Pastor at Valley Fourth Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate Pastor at Valley Fourth Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Valley Fourth Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].