General Description of the Position Calling – Associate Pastor
The Associate pastor will oversee the English ministry. He will work closely with and under the supervision of Senior Pastor of House of Praise Evangelical (HOPE) Church (Chinese and English congregations). He will need to exhibit the gift of preaching, teaching, evangelizing and caring.
- Called by God to serve Him and to reach out to the unsaved.
- Received formal theological training, MDiv or above / equivalent OR 3 Years of ministry experience preferred.
- Agrees with and accepts HOPE Church doctrines, bylaws, and practice.
- Familiarity and/or interest with Chinese and Chinese American culture.
- Preferably married.
- Oversees all English-speaking youths and adults.
- Preaches and teaches in English worship services and Sunday school classes.
- Oversees outreach programs, care ministries, and fellowship for English-speaking adults.
- Serves as a liaison between the English and Chinese congregations.
- Engages with parents, families, youth, and other adults to actively promote faith development and spiritual growth for those who are in the English ministry.
- Develops discipleship and training classes for English-speaking believers.
- Attend pastoral staff meetings and ministry meetings as needed.
- Assist in other church ministries as needed.
How To Apply
If you are interested, please send us a resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications and requirements for this pastoral position.
Please include the following information in the application: contact information; testimonies of your conversion and ministry calling; ministerial experiences; secular work experiences; secular and seminarian education backgrounds; family background. We also ask that you provide us with three references.
Send email application materials to: [email protected].
Visit us at: HOPESD.org.