Associate Pastor of Discipleship & Youth
St. John’s Center Church in East Earl, PA is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor to help grow the disciple-making ministries of our multi-generational congregation.
Key elements of this new pastoral role are to help our family of faith more effectively:
- Connect internally and externally.
- Grow faithful disciples.
- Share the Good News of Christ.
Our vision is: Centered in Christ, Committed to Community, and Sent into the World.
Connect & Communicate
Strengthen connections within our Family of Faith, to neighbors, and to ministry partners.
- Serve as point person to connect individuals to discipleship, service & fellowship groups.
- Preach (up to 8 times a year) and assist in worship leadership as agreed with Sr. Pastor (i.e. welcome, communications, special events).
- Improve John’s Center Church’s online presence by helping grow and update the website and social media outlets.
- Help create simple digital content to better communicate and enhance St. John’s Center Church’s discipleship ministries, programs, worship services, and events.
Help evaluate, enable & strengthen St. John’s Center discipleship & Christian education ministries.
- Preferred candidates will have passion and appropriate gifts to minister in 2 or more of the following areas (listed in order of priority):
- Youth (grades 7-12): lead,coordinate, and oversee ministry.
- Adults: in concert with Sr. Pastor, help grow & promote our small group ministry (on-site, off-site, online).
- Children (nursery to 6th grade): help enable Sunday morning, midweek, VBS.
- Collaborate closely on vision, strategy and execution with Sr. Pastor, Christian Education, and Consistory.
- Help recruit, equip, and support leaders and volunteers.
- Help identify Christ-Centered curriculum appropriate for our discipleship ministries.
- Help mobilize believers for His service and mission (both local & global).
- Help provide pastoral care to encourage, equip, challenge, and love those whom we serve.
Qualifications and Expectations:
Please prayerfully consider these before submitting a resume.
- Meets the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and exhibits the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22.
- Demonstrates a passion for God, His Word and helping people of all ages grow in their faith.
- Has a Servant’s heart (Romans 12:9-13) and loves to serve the local church (1 Peter 5:1-4, 2 Tim 2:15).
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in a ministry-related field.
- Will support the mission, vision, and teachings of the congregation.
- Has strong relational, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Remains flexible and adaptable.
- Will become an active member and live within 30 minutes of the church.
An ideal candidate may include, but not limited to:
- Seminary degree (i.e. MDiv).
- 1 to 5 years of ministry experience and is open to coaching and mentoring from the Sr. Pastor.
- A new or recent seminary/college graduate seeking to enter full-time ministry will also be considered for the role.
- 1-3 years of experience leading or facilitating youth and/or small group ministries.
- Experience using social media and various newer technologies to connect with kids, parents and the larger church for communication and instruction.
Accountability: Role is supervised by the Sr. Pastor and accountable to the Church Board (Consistory).
Time Commitment: Full-Time (40+ hrs/week)
Compensation and Benefits: $35K+ based on experience
- Flexible schedule.
- Health insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Professional development assistance.
- Retirement plan.
Work Location: On-Site
How To Apply
Contact Pastor Ken Evitts via email at [email protected].
How to apply: Qualified candidates should email the following:
- Cover letter.
- Resume including 3 or more references.
- Statement of faith (regarding your relationship with God, Jesus Christ, church).
- Links to sermon audio/video (if available).