First Presbyterian Church, San Angelo
Our Values: We believe Jesus Christ must be at the center of our lives and so making disciples of Jesus is at the core of our ministry. We believe identifying and developing gospel-centered leaders is critical for the church, and a great leadership culture is risk-taking, innovative, and organic.
Our Mission: To build a flourishing church that makes disciples of Jesus Christ.
Job Description: The Associate Pastor is responsible to implement the values and mission of the church specifically by coordinating the missional intergenerational vision of First Presbyterian Church. The Associate Pastor will work under the guidance of the Senior Pastor and in close partnership with the CE (Christian Education) and MSO (Mission Service and Outreach) Committees. This person is expected to develop a relational strategy of ministry that builds intergenerational bridges while also reaching outward in mission.
Specific Position Objectives:
- Building, developing, and mentoring a gospel centered team of covenant partners to invest in intergenerational leadership.
- Investing in student and family relationships: going where they are, learning who they are, and casting a compelling vision of God’s plans for their lives.
- Connecting generations within the church for the purpose of discipleship.
- Challenging and facilitating the church to intentionally place all ages together in worship, service, and learning so that we will be a truly intergenerational church.
- Engaging in Middle School, High School, and College gatherings and experiences that help students encounter Jesus and become disciples.
- Working with MSO and CE to build strategic relationships with local schools and missional organizations to reach outside our church walls.
- Preaching 10-12 times a year in coordination with Senior Pastor.
- Providing pastoral leadership in conjunction with the Senior Pastor.
- Actively pursuing relationship with Jesus through personal Scriptural practices.
- Div. or equivalent preferred (or in progress).
- Ordained pastor in ECO (or in progress) or willingness to accept and adhere to ECO polity.
- Equipped to build a spiritually vibrant missional ministry across generations.
- Experience leading and developing a flourishing volunteer culture, a leader of leaders.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to take risks and try new approaches.
- Generous spirit and a desire to work collaboratively with team members.
- Give evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship).
- Adherence to the Essential Tenets of ECO.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Status: Full Time
Regularly Involved With:
- All Staff Meetings.
- Christian Education and MSO Committee Meetings.
- Sunday Worship.
- Revised November 9, 2022.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How To Apply
Send resume to Susan Brooks at [email protected].