First Baptist Church (Minot, ND) – ASSOCIATE/EXECUTIVE PASTOR
The Big Picture
First Baptist Church (fbcminot.org) is seeking an Associate/Executive Pastor to assist the Pastoral Staff in the Gospel ministry and provide for the spiritual needs of the congregation.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in providing preaching, as needed.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in providing for the pastoral care needs of the members and friends of FBC with personal visits (including hospital and nursing home visits).
- Follow-up with new and recent visitors and encourage their involvement at FBC.
- Assist with assimilation of visitors through personal contacts and visits.
- Provide pastoral leadership and assist the Deacon Board to include:
- Benevolent Ministry
- Men’s Ministry
- Prayer Ministry
- Small Group Ministry
- Visitation Ministry
- Supervise the Pastoral Staff and Secretarial/Janitorial Staff as delegated by the Senior Pastor.
- Support administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Assume additional tasks as needed and directed by the Senior Pastor.
Organizational Relationship and Authority:
- The Associate Pastor will report directly to the Senior Pastor and will be accountable to him for performance, evaluation, and supervision.
- The Associate Pastor is to be both a ministry-oriented person and function in administrative capacities as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- The Associate Pastor will work in close harmony with the Pastoral and Office Staff and will be expected to be a team player.
- The Associate Pastor will have the authority to implement programs and policies agreed to by the Senior Pastor in consultation with the Board of Elders.
Spiritual: Must be a born-again believer who demonstrates a strong commitment to the Lordship of Christ and His Holy Word and ascribe to the principles found in 1 Timothy 3:1-10. Must evidence a concern for the lost and be evangelistic in his ministry. Must be a growing disciple of Christ who is willing to invest in the lives of other people.
Education: Possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. Must be a graduate of a Bible school and/or seminary of an evangelical / conservative commitment. Ordination desired.
Skills: Must be thorough in preparation and follow through of assignments. Must be a self-starter and able to initiate new ministries and projects. Must be a credible leader with strong personal and public relation skills Must be an effective communicator. Must be able to delegate responsibility with appropriate authority
Personal: Must have a morally sound reputation. Must demonstrate a sense of mission and vision for the future. Must have a sense of humor and be positive in outlook on life Must have personal finances in order. Must ascribe to the Biblical understanding of marriage and human sexuality.
- Must be willing to work a minimum of five days a week exercising a servant/leader lifestyle as a minister of the gospel of Christ.
- Must be willing to be prompt when attending scheduled meetings.
- Must be willing to be a team player and always be on guard to protect the unity of the Body of Christ.
- Desire a long-term commitment to the church as the Lord leads.
$75,000-90,000 plus medical.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate/Executive Pastor at First Baptist church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate/Executive Pastor of First Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of First Baptist Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].