Grace Chinese Christian Church (GCCC), also known as Grace Christian Community Church, was founded in June 2011 in Howard County, Maryland. The church is Bible-based and non-denominational with a congregation of about 100 attendees. The church vision is “A multigenerational and an intercultural church that is rooted in the Scripture, with the view of the Kingdom of God, that is devoted to evangelizing all nations.”
Currently, our Sunday worship/preach (or service) and Sunday school are conducted in both Mandarin and English. The English congregation, totaling about 35 members, is a diverse group composed of Chinese immigrants and individuals raised in America, both adults and youth. The youth group has about twenty 6th to 12th graders. Currently we are searching for an English pastor to nurture the spiritual growth of both the youth and adults, and to expand our English ministry.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Have a clear calling from the Lord Jesus to shepherd His people.
- Have a vision and passion for English ministry in an intercultural Christian church.
- Have a passion to help the youth build a closer personal relationship with the Lord.
- Earned a BS or above (MS preferred) degree from a Christian seminary.
- Pastoral experience is preferred, but not required.
- Agree to preach God’s Word consistent with our statement of faith.
- Possess personal characters as defined in the Bible (1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:2-6, Titus 1:6-9).
- Live a sanctified life led by the Holy Spirit, have a good reputation in the church and community, and have a family life consistent with the biblical teaching.
- Speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Assist the Senior Pastor to preach God’s Word and shepherd God’s people.
- Minister and grow the English congregation.
- Specifically, serve in the following areas, including but not limited to:
- Preaching during Sunday English services.
- Organizing and teaching English Sunday school for youth and adults.
- Organizing and directing the youth fellowship and activities.
- Organizing and participating in church short mission trips.
- Mentoring youth leader(s).
- Providing youth consultation.
- Reaching out to young adults like college students and college graduates to help cultivate their faith.
How To Apply
Please submit an application letter and the following to Andre Gao via email [email protected].
- Summary of qualifications
- Statement of faith
- Two reference letters