New Harvest Community Church (Millerstown, PA) – Associate Pastor
The Big Picture
New Harvest Community Church (newharvestcommunitychurch.org) is seeking an Associate Pastor to direct, lead and develop leaders across all ages of our church family, with a focus on young families.
- New Harvest is a 22-year-old community church in Millerstown PA, mainly reaching Perry and Juniata Counties.
- We began as a church plant in 2001, meeting in a school gym, then in 2014 purchased and renovated a building, where currently 200+ worship.
- Our mission is to worship, love, connect people to Jesus Christ.
- We are seeking an Associate Pastor to direct, lead and develop leaders across all ages of our church family, with a focus on young families.
- The role of the Associate Pastor is to work in harmony with the Lead Pastor, have a firm grasp on the purpose, value and strategy of New Harvest and align with the Leadership Team.
The Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following
- A vibrant faith, knowledge of the Bible.
- The ability to work effectively with teams.
- Leadership skills, with ability to teach in small and large groups.
- A commitment to the vision and goal of New Harvest and strong administrative gifts, with attention for detail.
- Support the Lead Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church, and help with teaching and weekend service planning.
- The ability to recruit, teach, train, spiritually support and effectively supervise volunteers for small groups and adult ministries within the church.
- Serve as main leader in developing small group and student’s ministries.
- Communication skills to effectively preach when called upon and be prepared to be the emergency back-up speaker.
- Develop relationships with the New Harvest family.
- Provide pastoral care to parents of children and youth families.
- Provide confidential pastoral counseling in emergencies and short-term basis.
- Preferably two years of pastoral experience, with a focus on ministry to young families and have some leadership experience.
- To sense a calling to ministry, be willing to be mentored and seek educational training.
- A bachelor’s degree in ministry or certification of ministry training, or willing to work toward ministry education.
Accountability and Supervision
- This position will be under the supervision of the Lead Pastor, Terry Burton, and
accountable to the church Leadership Team and the mission of New Harvest.
- This position requires flexible hours, including weekends and some evenings.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the AP at New Harvest?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the AP at New Harvest?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of New Harvest and the Bretheren in Christ? (https://bicus.org/about/what-we-believe/articles-of-faith-and-doctrine/)
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].