The Associate Pastor at PCC will advance the gospel of Jesus Christ by providing organizational oversight to the church’s ministries, supporting and equipping lay leaders in the church, fostering community life, and serving in counseling, teaching, and worship. The duties detailed below outline the priorities of the leadership at the PCC.
Ministry Organization and Administration
- Working with the Senior Pastor, develop and oversee the church’s ministry structure, including strategic planning to help execute the mission and vision of the church.
- Collaborating with the Senior Pastor, secretary, and ministry leaders, to provide effective execution of ministries.
- Provide communication with church staff, leaders, and members for effective function of church life and ministry.
Equipping Leaders and Congregational Life
- Support the Elders and Ministry Team Leaders through regular meetings, providing direction and counsel according to the church’s mission and vision, and praying with them.
- Support leaders for adult, youth, and children’s ministries, recruiting new leaders and serving when needs arise.
- Help coordinate and execute church events to foster congregational life, fellowship, and outreach.
Congregational Care and Counseling
- Pray with and for the people of PCC, both publicly and privately, visiting those who are sick or unable to attend worship.
- Be available to provide counsel to members of the congregation personally, with wisdom and humility, according to their needs and situations, treating all with the care and respect due them as image-bearers of God.
Preaching and Worship
- Support the preaching and worship of the church in all of its varied aspects.
- Work to conduct worship in the church consistent with the Book of Church Order, utilizing elders for preaching and assisting in worship, and providing opportunity for other gifted men in the teaching of God’s Word.
- Preside over the administration of the Sacraments, fencing the table of the Lord’s Supper in accordance with the Book of Church Order.
- Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree.
- Ordained or qualified to be ordained as a Teaching Elder in the Presbyterian Church in America.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can send their resume to [email protected].