North Sub’s mission comes from John 4:1-42 and reads as follows: We want to connect with people at the WELL, disciple them in the WORD, and then send them out as empowered Christians to transform the WORLD.
We seek a full time Associate Pastor who will be passionate about this mission and partner with the Senior Pastor in this endeavor. This role will include discipling and shepherding the people at North Sub as well as living missionally within the community as Christ’s ambassador.
Scope of Work: This position will provide numerous opportunities to work with the Senior pastor in the key areas listed below. The specifics of the role will be determined by assessing gifts and skills and discerning how best to carry out our mission together to the North Shore of Chicago.
- Preaching -between 10%-40% of Sundays.
- Adult Education -planning curriculum, teaching, and overseeing teachers.
- Life Groups and Growth Groups -oversight of small group discipleship.
- Training Leaders -providing leadership for Elders, overseeing/supporting Women’s Leadership Team chair, creating and maintaining a pipeline to develop future leaders.
- Worship Planning -working with Worship Director to plan services, series, special events.
- Staff Supervision -overseeing and supporting our five part-time staff members.
- Deacon Supervision -working with Deacon Coordinator to oversee/support 13+ deacons.
- Pastoral Care/Visitations – hospital visits, shut-ins, pastoral counseling, weddings, funerals.
- Student Ministry – weekly discussion groups, coordinating discipleship relationships, supporting in-school ministries, coordinating with other local churches to plan bigger events, overseeing and supporting volunteer team.
- Family Discipleship – equipping and communicating with parents.
- Fostering Community Relationships – My Suburb Project, Trinity/TEDS, denominational leaders, pastors of local churches, ministry partners, other strategic opportunities.
- Financial Stewardship- Creating budgets in collaboration with staff, deacons, and congregants.
Accountability: Reports to Senior Pastor and Elders
Compensation package: Full-time, salaried, with competitive compensation and benefits.
For a more in depth description and to learn about the qualifications, visit our website.
How To Apply
Review application information, fill out application, and send to Karen at [email protected].