Canyon Del Oro Bible Church (Tucson, AZ) Associate Pastor
The Big Picture
Canyon Del Oro Bible Church (cdobible.org) is currently seeking an Associate Pastor for Ministries who is responsible for the development and direction of adult ministries, assimilation, evangelism and outreach, and congregational serving at CDOBC.
Responsibilities: As directed by the Senior Pastor and working with CDOBC Church Leadership, the Associate Pastor for Ministries will:
Work to fulfill our Christ-given mission of making disciples who live out the Great Commission and Great Commandment.
- Oversee adult ministries, including Sunday morning classes, mid-week classes, and home groups.
- Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of adult ministries.
- Provide guidance and oversight for adult ministries curriculum.
- Establish additional small groups and classes.
- Coordinate adult ministry leadership training and development.
- Recruit, develop, and train existing and new adult ministry leaders and teachers.
- Ensure each ministry leader is developing no less than 1 assistant leader who can lead in their absence.
- Encourage and assist adult ministry groups in the organization of outreach activities.
- Oversee the assimilation of visitors, attenders, and members.
- Lead and refine our existing process for helping visitors, attenders, and new members become connected with the CDOBC community.
- Give leadership to CDOBC’s Welcome Ministry.
- Increase and improve evangelism and outreach.
- Expand our community outreach by expanding our existing ministries and finding new opportunities.
- Develop and implement additional evangelistic methods and tools to reach people outside our circles.
- Model and encourage a Circles focus and passion (Matt. 28:19-21; Eph. 4:11-12) (“Circles” is a person’s sphere of influence usually consisting of 10 to 15 people.).
- Expand congregational serving opportunities and involvement.
- Help the congregation identify and utilize their spiritual gifts.
- Refine the process to increase volunteers serving in the church.
- Oversee ministry to homebound and hospitalized congregants.
- Attend and be involved in CDOBC monthly Elder Board meetings, and weekly staff meetings.
- Assist in the pulpit ministry on Sunday morning as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Work and minister in harmony with the church staff. Perform various other duties as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Be faithful to cultivate your own faith and family relationships – in both attitude and example (1 Corinthians 11:1; 1 Timothy 3; Titus 1).
- Be faithful in teaching and practice according to the doctrinal positions of CDOBC and sign the statement of adherence.
- Demonstrate a personality, temperament, and interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively in a multi-generational congregation.
- Maintain a commitment to confidentiality regarding all records of CDOBC, the staff, and the church membership.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Graduate degree from a seminary or Bible college preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years of service as full-time, salaried church associate pastor or staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to church service as a volunteer.
- Ordained minister is preferred, but not required. (CDOBC will assist in ordination, if desired.)
- Able to work directly with and communicate in a manner that fosters Christian love.
- Seeks to serve the interest of others.
- Continually demonstrates the fruit of Spirit.
Total Package: $102,000 Depending on Experience.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate Pastor at CDOBC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate Pastor of CDOBC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of CDOBC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].