Centerpoint Church (Colton, CA) – Associate Pastor
The Big Picture
Centerpoint Church (centerpointchurch.church) (1500) is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Pastoral Care
- Manage the platform for handling pastoral needs of the congregation. (Currently Notebird).
- Supervise the pastoral care team, currently two part time employees.
- Personally responsible for some of the calls, follow-ups, house visits, hospital visits, shut in visits and food delivery.
- Prepare and teach weekly lessons for mid-week programming (Through the Bible).
- Member of the preaching team as scheduled. C. Communications Leader.
- Supervise the communications team (i.e. social media, website, Google, etc.) including leading weekly team meetings.
- Oversee announcements including pulpit, postcards, and mailing.
- Create, order, and keep current the banners in the main sanctuary twice a year.
C. Pastor of Small Groups/Coordinator
- Assist with all aspects of starting new groups including but not limited to organizing and helping choose curriculum where applicable.
- Manage the small group calendar and room assignments, keeping up with all changes and additions.
- Informs any staff or volunteers that need to know about any changes or updates, etc.
- Work with the communication team weekly on announcements related to small groups.
- Interview and train all new leaders using the Leader training material. Continued leadership development.
- Encourage small group leaders with appreciation cards, emails, texts, etc.
- Must have a strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and it should be evident in both the personal and professional life.
- Must be called by God into ministry.
- Ability to preach and teach sound doctrine.
- Must agree to Centerpoint Church’s code of ethics.
- Must be able to uphold and support the mission statement.
- Seminary education in biblical studies (Degree preferrable).
- Ability to relate to and care for persons of different races/cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Pastoral experience.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate Pastor at Centerpoint Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate Pastor of Centerpoint Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Centerpoint Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to a few online sermons to [email protected].