Associate Pastor for Family Ministries Prospectus
We are looking for someone who can develop and shepherd Family Ministry at MVC.
This person leads and oversees the Junior & Senior High students, and young couples’ ministries. This person will need to have a pioneer spirit to rebuild the youth ministry and begin anew a young couples ministry. One’s ability to inspire youth to know and experience Jesus personally and to grow in one’s knowledge of Christ, in the Christian community, is a central part of this position. The Associate Pastor for Family Ministries carries out the vision of MVC through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as he leads out with our staff and the church family.
We are looking for someone who is proficient at biblical expository (exegetical) verse-by-verse preaching as he will be a vital member of the preaching/teaching rotation with the senior pastor.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Excels at developing and discipling leaders.
- Has credibility with young parents and is knowledgeable about the challenges they face.
- Enjoys collaborative ministry and thrives in a team setting.
- Can bring fresh thinking to our strategies with youth and young couples.
- Proven skills in handling the Word of God, able to teach in relational settings with young couples.
- Proficient in Biblical hermeneutics within the framework of dispensational theology (See Biblio-Centric Preaching on our website).
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and someone who agrees with and upholds Biblical principles and MVC beliefs.
- A four‑year Bible college degree is the minimal with a major in biblical studies or ministry. (Or commensurate experience in ministry) An M.Div. degree is highly desirable.
- One who is presently involved in a similar ministry.
- Having a supportive and involved family.
- Relates well to others and has a heart for youth.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience preferred in Family Ministries and/or Youth ministry.
- Personal character that represents integrity and servant leadership.
Commensurate with education and experience.
- To work in harmony with and under the direction of the Senior Pastor (We are looking for someone who is more of a teammate with the Senior Pastor but is none-the-less under his leadership).
- Lead a Sunday morning bible study with the youth of the church during the ABF hour (9:30 a.m.).
- Fully participate in pastoral staff meetings and one-on-one meetings under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Recruit and develop ministry team leaders, development of ministry team visions, values, strategies, and plans for the Youth Ministry and Young Adults ministry.
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings, retreats, and workdays.
- Have a strategy for helping young parents become godly men and women and disciplers of their children.
- Prepare and deliver exegetical (verse-by-verse) messages as a member of the preaching team with the Senior Pastor.
- Participate in an annual performance evaluation with the Senior Pastor.
- Give a report, either formal or informal, of the progress of the Family Ministry to the Senior Pastor on a regular basis.
- Cooperate with and have a physical presence each week at the AWANA CLUBS (Sunday evening).
- Management of weekly gatherings of students from 6th grade through 12th grade.
- Have a regular connection with young couples through bible studies and fellowship, developing disciple-makers of young fathers, mothers, and youth.
The Vital Intangibles
- A team spirit
- A teachable spirit
- A submissive spirit
- A love for people
- A heart to see young people and young couples come to the Lord and grow.
How To Apply
If interested, please send a resume and a brief description of yourself and family to [email protected] or Mountain View Church, 520 Casteel Road, Marietta, Ga. 30127. Additionally, we ask that you send us a CD of two messages that you have given or a link to two such messages.