Church Description: Rabat International Church is an English speaking, multiethnic, non-denominational church located in Rabat, Morocco. Our focus is on the English-speaking expat community in Rabat. We have about 120 attendees on Sunday mornings and 60 members. Our members and attendees come from 20+ nations, and various denominational backgrounds. We have a core group of long-term members, but a high percentage of our congregation is only living in Morocco for <4 years. Additionally, there are a growing number of young families in our church. More information can be found at rabatchurch.org.
Position Description: We are looking for an Associate Pastor (AP) who will come alongside the Senior Pastor in shepherding the church body. The main focus of the AP will be overseeing congregational care and discipleship ministries. For congregational care, the AP will seek to develop relationships with our congregation and ensure the care of our members. The AP will also help develop the discipleship-oriented ministries of our church including small groups, men’s & women’s ministries and Sunday school, seeking to integrate congregants into these ministries. While the main focus will be on care & discipleship ministries, the AP will participate in many areas of church life including occasional preaching, serving on the leadership team, and other areas according to their gifts, passions and the needs of the church. Please note the AP will receive a partial salary from the church, and will likely need to raise additional funds.
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for pastors (1 Tim. 3, Tit. 1).
- In agreement with the RIC statement of faith and covenant (found at rabatchurch.org).
- Experience in pastoral ministry, with a shepherd’s heart.
- Experience working with people of different cultures than one’s own.
- Experience working with people of different theological backgrounds from one’s own.
- Experience living overseas.
- Highly relational.
- Fluent in English.
- Willingness to learn French or Moroccan Arabic for basic living needs.
- Experience raising a family oversees preferred.
- Ordination preferred.
How To Apply
Please send your resume/CV & cover letter to [email protected].