The Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Youth is a full-time staff member of Mt. Olivet Baptist Church (MOBC) and is accountable to the church membership through the supervision of the Senior Pastor and/or Administrative Committee. The Associate Pastor will be responsible for equipping God’s people to do his work within the church and surrounding community, while providing leadership of all church youth activities (Grades 6 – 12). The position will provide leadership for key personal growth and outreach programs for youth and adults alike.
- A calling from the Lord for fulltime leadership within his Church and a steadfastness to pursue his will evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- A spiritual life demonstrated by personal commitment to the Christian faith, believer’s baptism, the Lordship of Christ, the leadership of the Holy Spirit, and a disciplined devotional and prayer life.
- Ability to relate with youth and adults alike on a personal level, counseling each through the application of God’s word.
- Experience working with youth and/or adults in a Christian ministry environment.
- The ability to work in a team setting, demonstrating responsibility to assigned tasks, meeting schedules, and being creative and energetic in the development of effective ministries.
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others.
- A working knowledge of current trends in youth and small group ministries.
- Has or is currently pursuing a seminary education within a related discipline or ministry
- Split time effective between youth and discipleship ministries, with availability, on average, 40 hours per week.
- Attend church on Sunday for Sunday School and worship.
- Attend Wednesday evenings for dinner and plan/lead/participate in weekly youth/discipleship group meetings.
- Occasional preaching on Sunday mornings.
- Organizational and administrative abilities to lead multiple areas of ministry and coordinate many volunteers.
- Continually recruit, train, and empower leaders and equip them to disciple others.
- Focus on discipleship growth throughout the church.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team, including volunteers, the Pastor, and other Church staff and committee members in order to serve the Church collectively.
- Be available to communicate with and counsel youth and/or families who may need spiritual or other direction.
- Be prepared to offer a referral to the Senior Pastor and/or a qualified professional counselor.
- Proven skills in Small Group ministry contexts, specifically in the areas of group leadership and leader training.
- Oversee educational opportunities that effectively transition youth to young adulthood with an emphasis on promoting a biblically based Christian lifestyle.
- Encourage participation in youth retreats and conferences that stimulate and motivate spiritual growth and relationships.
- Implement any and all church policies and procedures.
- Serve on appropriate Committees (Youth, Discipleship, etc.) as an ex-officio member, as well as on Church Council.
- weekly staff meetings.
- Act as a representative of MOBC inside and outside of the church, including all social media platforms.
- Join MOBC as a member.
- Fulfilling other pastoral and administrative duties as requested by the Senior Pastor and other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Please send a resume to [email protected].