Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Youth
Associate Pastor of Discipleship & Youth
Coventry Church of the Brethren in Kenilworth PA is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor to help grow the disciple-making ministries of our multi-generational congregation. In 2024, our Family of Faith will celebrate our 300th Anniversary of ministry to communities in northern Chester County, Pennsylvania. Key elements of this new pastoral role are to help our family of faith more effectively 1) CONNECT internally and externally, 2) GROW faithful disciples, and 3) SHARE the Good News of Christ.
Our vision is to be a Christ-Centered Family of Faith, practicing One-Another Love, from Generation to Generation (Matt 22:37, John 1:12, John 13:34, Psalm 145:4).
Connect & Communicate– 30% of Time
Strengthen connections within our Family of Faith, to neighbors, and to ministry partners.
- Serve as point person to CONNECT individuals to discipleship, service & fellowship groups.
- Preach (2-4 times a year) and assist in worship leadership as agreed with Sr. Pastor (i.e. welcome, communications, special events).
- Improve Coventry’s online presence by helping grow and update the website and social media outlets. Help create simple digital content to better communicate and enhance Coventry’s discipleship ministries, programs, worship services, and events.
Grow – 50% of Time
Help evaluate, enable & strengthen Coventry’s discipleship & Christian education ministries.
- Preferred candidates will have passion and appropriate giftings to minister in 2 or more of the following areas (listed in order of priority):
- Youth (grades 7-12): lead, coordinate, and oversee ministry.
- Adults: help grow & promote our small group ministry (on-site, off-site, online).
- Children (nursery to 6th grade): help enable Sunday morning, midweek, VBS programs.
- Collaborate closely on vision, strategy and execution with Sr. Pastor, Christian Education Commission, and Deacons.
- Help recruit, equip, and support leaders and volunteers.
- Help identify CHRIST-CENTERED curriculum appropriate for our discipleship ministries.
Share – 20% of Time
- Help mobilize believers for His service and mission (both local & global).
- Help provide pastoral care so people feel encouraged, equipped, challenged, and loved.
Qualifications and Expectations: please prayerfully consider these before submitting a resume.
- A man that meets the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and exhibits the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22.
- Has a passion for God, His Word and helping people of all ages grow in their faith.
- Has a servant’s heart (Romans 12:9-13) and loves to serve the local church (1 Peter 5:1-4, 2 Tim 2:15).
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in a ministry-related field.
- Will support the mission, vision, and teachings of the congregation.
- Has strong relational, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Is flexible and adaptable.
- Will become an active member and live within 30 minutes of the church.
Our preferred candidate:
- Has a seminary degree (i.e. MDiv).
- Has 1 to 5 years of ministry experience and is open to coaching and mentoring from the Sr. Pastor. A new or recent seminary/college graduate seeking to enter full-time ministry will also be considered for the role.
- Has 1-3 years of experience leading or facilitating youth and/or small group ministries.
- Has experience using social media and various newer technologies to connect with kids, parents and the larger church for communication and instruction.
Accountability: Role is supervised by the Sr. Pastor and accountable to the Church Board
Time Commitment: Full-Time (40+ hrs/week)
Compensation Range: $35-50K + Benefits (housing, insurances, pension, professional expenses).
How To Apply
How to apply: qualified candidates should email the following to [email protected] (enter “Attention: chair of Search Committee” on Subject line):
- Cover letter
- Resume including 3 or more references
- Statement of faith (regarding your relationship with God, Jesus Christ, church)
- Links to sermon audio/video (if available)
Questions about this ministry position are welcomed. Please use the contact information above.