Associate Pastor of Urban Engagement and Evangelism
We are a restart church located in the metro New York area. The community where our church is located has gradually become mostly Blacks and Hispanics. There are approximately 50,000 people within a square mile radius of our church. We have a quality suburban school district and our church is located within the middle to lower-income section of our town.
We maintain a 501c3 community development corp. to facilitate serving over 300 middle and high school students in our after-school programs.
- Proven track record of evangelizing adults through relationship building, evangelistic bible studies or outreach groups. Likewise, the applicant should be familiar with assimilating unchurched adults into a local church through effective urban discipleship strategies.
- A bachelors or master’s degree is preferred and/or equivalent experience in Christian ministry.
- Work alongside the senior pastor in communicating and in executing an evangelism and outreach strategy that aligns with the mission of this church.
- Strategically pursue follow up communication with adults who visit our church and adults whose children attend our after-school programs.
- Coordinate contextualized evangelism programs and events that are suited for the target groups that we most believe God has called our church to effectively reach.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a systematic plan for assimilating everyone from guests to regular church attendees into the life and discipleship process of our church.
- Assist the senior pastor and elders in fostering an overall church environment that helps people grow in lifestyles that demonstrate Biblical hospitality.
- Wisely utilize social media as an evangelism and assimilation tool.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Available for additional evangelism and assimilation tasks as directed by the pastor and elders.
How To Apply
Applicants can apply by sending a copy of their resumes to our email [email protected] or by calling our phone number. Leave a message with contact information to 973-342-8204 if no one picks up.