Trinity Church, Congregational is an independent, non-denominational, evangelical Church founded in 1963, located in Bolton, Massachusetts. Bolton is a traditional New England bedroom community, 35 miles west of Boston, surrounded by rural open space and other suburban towns. Our current membership is 155, with an average Sunday Worship attendance of 150.
Trinity Church believes the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God and believes in the fundamentals of the Christian faith as outlined in the Apostle’s Creed and the Nicene Creed. Trinity Church members are committed to and united around this Mission statement:
“Trinity Church seeks to be a loving community of believers in Jesus Christ who glorify and love God and impact our world and neighbors with God’s love through worship, service, evangelism, discipleship, and fellowship.”
Please also see our Statement of Faith at https://www.trinitybolton.org/who-we-are-in-christ
Trinity Church, acknowledging Jesus Christ as the head of the Church, has a congregational form of government. Adhering to its By-Laws, the Board of Elders is the overall governing organization responsible for all Officers, Committees and organizations between Congregational Meetings of the Church. The Board of Elders is an active Christ-centered ministry team of men who assist the Pastors in caring for the flock at Trinity Church and serve as spiritual overseers of the Church fellowship. The Church Council is composed of Chairpersons from various Church Committees. Church Committees are prayerfully staffed annually, by the Nominating Committee and then voted on by Church members at the Annual Meeting.
- Our Church body is composed of families ranging from newlyweds to retired couples, single parents & single adults from diverse denominational backgrounds and non-Church backgrounds.
- We offer two worship services in the months of September through June. One is a traditional liturgy with hymns and the other a blended style liturgy with a contemporary worship team or our youth band. Both keep special emphasis on preaching the Word and worshiping the LORD in Spirit and in truth.
- During the summer months we come together for a single blended worship service and once a year at New Year’s, the college students lead the worship service.
- Between the two worship services, our Sunday School program offers Bible-based classes for all ages (Toddler to Adult) from September to June.
- Trinity Church has a strong commitment of service to others in the community and to local and global missions.
- Each summer we host a widespread outreach through Vacation Bible School, drawing families from over 30 towns & Churches, with over 100 volunteers.
- The first Sunday in May in recent years has been featured as “Love Project Sunday” where the Church body goes out into the community sharing the love of Jesus via hands-on service projects to families & individuals in Bolton and surrounding communities.
- Copies of our recent Annual Reports highlighting God’s work through His people at Trinity Church are available upon request.
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Small Groups we are seeking will be a person who loves and pursues the Lord Jesus with his heart, soul, mind and strength, is committed to preaching and teaching the whole counsel of God’s Word and who has a passion for reaching people for Christ with full reliance on the Holy Spirit. He will share our vision and priorities and will help us make a difference in the lives of others by working together to share the Gospel, advance God’s kingdom and seek spiritual transformation in the lives of His people. The position is full-time and has the trifold responsibility of:
- Leading the ministry as a shepherd that reaches and develops our youth (Middle School TNT 6th-8th grades and High School TYF 9th-12th grade).
- Developing and coordinating the Small Group Ministry.
- Assisting the Senior Pastor in looking after the spiritual care of the congregation.
Principle Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide organization, goals and leadership for ministries that touch youth, families and Small Groups.
- Provide leadership, recruitment and training for team of Youth Ministry leadership volunteers.
- Disciple and equip Middle School and High School youth to live the Christian life committed to follow Jesus as LORD and Savior of their lives.
- Plan and organize activities, outreach, mission trips, and weekly Bible Study meetings for youth.
- Uphold Church and Youth Ministry policies for safety and accountability.
- Counsel premarital couples; assist with and perform weddings upon request.
- Oversee Small Group Ministry with a goal to have members actively participating in a Small Group for discipleship, fellowship and evangelistic outreach.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in fulfilling other Pastoral duties, including preaching 4-6 times per year, assisting and leading Communion, participate in Board of Elders monthly meetings and Saturday morning Prayer Time, assist in the college student-led worship service once a year.
- Attend & participate in Church Staff Meetings.
- Attend & participate in quarterly Church Council meeting.
- Organize and officiate Baccalaureate service for graduating high school students.
- Is a role model and mentor who lives a consistent spiritual and moral lifestyle as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:7-9.
- Demonstrates a calling and a passion for reaching and teaching youth and has a heart for connecting people of all ages together for discipleship and fellowship.
- Preference will be given to candidates with five or more years of leadership experience working with teens in ministry-related fields and has prior experience and participation in Small Group ministry.
- Shows a teachable heart and a contrite spirit along with being a loving, humble servant.
- Is team-oriented and able to encourage and recruit others to join in God’s work.
- Is a mature believer with a youthful heart.
- Able to develop strong relationships with youth, families, singles and married people through Pastoral ministry.
- Demonstrates excellence in working toward unity and community-building in the Church.
- Exhibits skills in preaching and teaching God’s Word across a broad spectrum of ages.
- Is a man of prayer and an equipper of others in this spiritual discipline.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Master of Divinity degree; candidates showing proven success with parachurch organizations will be considered as well.
- Has a commitment to reaching people in New England with a commitment to long-term ministry.
- Connects well with the Senior Pastor.
How To Apply
Please submit the following information to [email protected].
- Personal Testimony
- Statement of Faith
- Philosophy of Ministry
- A (link to) video of you preaching a sermon and a video of you teaching a Bible Study lesson to youth or mixed audience
- List of references from places of ministry