Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry
Lanesville Church is a community committed to inviting others to seek to know Jesus more, to grow in our knowledge and commitment to Jesus Christ, and to send out disciples of Jesus to restore and renew this world. To this end, the Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry will assist the Teaching Pastor to direct the youth ministries of Lanesville Church. Secondarily, the Associate Pastor will support the broader ministries of the church. The Staff and Leadership of Lanesville wish to invest in the life and ministry of the Associate Pastor and assist them in laying a strong foundation for a lifetime of ministry.
Lanesville is a congregation in the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference (4Cs) located in a beautiful, artistic, seaside community between Gloucester and Rockport. The Church has maintained a strong youth ministry over the last 40 years. The Church has 120 regular attenders. This history has laid a strong foundation for growth and is a great opportunity for ministry to the next generation.
- Required to adhere to our statement of Faith and to exemplify the Biblical characteristics of a Christian leader.
- Must evidence mature, exemplary faith in Christ.
- Must be a strong student of Scripture, able to communicate its truth in contemporary contexts.
- Must have ability to disciple New England children/youth.
- Must be generously Reformed in theology.
- Experience working with children and youth strongly preferred.
- Ordained or ordainable (M.Div or intent to pursue M.Div strongly preferred).
The Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries will primarily be engaged in leading and overseeing the church’s children and youth ministries, providing Christian discipleship, equipping the children and youth to love their neighbors, and integrate into the life of the church.
- Youth Ministry: Develop a comprehensive ministry vision, including strategies and resources, while mobilizing the youth and children’s ministry volunteers.
- Build Relationships with Youth: Make time to foster gospel-centered relationships, meeting our children and youth where they are spiritually and developmentally.
- Outreach: Develop opportunities to welcome unchurched, neighboring families into a relationship with Jesus Christ and connect them with a place to belong in the church.
- Christian Education: Implement a youth curriculum for a balanced and comprehensive Christian education.
- Pastoral Care to Youth and their Families: Walk alongside parents providing support, prayer, encouragement and connection to the rest of the congregation.
- Collaborate proactively: Meet weekly with other church staff to foster and maintain a creative and inviting church culture.
- Preaching and Worship: Assist in leading worship, including preaching on a semi-regular basis (every 4 to 6 weeks).
- Additional Duties: Fulfill other pastoral duties as assigned by the Elders.
How To Apply
To apply, submit Resume, List of References and Link to Sermons to: [email protected]