Associate Pastor for Pastoral Care and Prayer
Purpose: To conduct a cooperative ministry of personal pastoral care of members, prayer ministry in the church, and groups seeking Christ in particular life situations in such a way that people know the presence of Jesus and the love of His church especially in every aspect of life.
- To coordinate the pastoral care of members who are ill, hospitalized or in crisis by:
- Visiting members who are homebound, facing surgeries, in the hospital or nursing homes.
- Counselling personally with members in life crisis, be it spiritual, financial, vocational,
health or familial in nature.
- Coordinating the visitation of the other pastors, deacons, and elders, including monthly
homebound communion and the daily hospital visitation program.
- Fosters a culture of personal and corporate prayer through leading and coordinating regular times of intercessory and petitionary prayer by:
- Leading and/or coordinating prayer following sanctuary services.
- Leading and/or coordinating seasons of corporate prayer.
- Leading in the prayers of the people in Sunday worship, as assigned.
- Praying with members frequently.
- Provides opportunities, in cooperation with Discipleship and Worship ministries, for individual and community times that foster deeper intimacy with Christ and greater love for Him, His church and the world by:
- Overseeing and encouraging the practice of historic Christian spiritual disciplines (e.g., prayer practices that integrate Scripture, mind, heart, worship, and practice including, but not limited to, lectio divina, silence and solitude, discernment, healing prayer, fasting, spiritual direction and spiritual friendships).
- Counseling with individual members or in groups regarding the practice of classic spiritual disciplines that promote growth in Christ.
- Leading and/or coordinating groups centered on meeting Christ in various life stages and situations.
- Leading and/or coordinating periodic times for spiritual retreat
- Maintains a regular rhythm of personal prayer and spiritual pra ctices to sustain work in ministry.
- Works cooperatively as a member of a pastoral team and program staff led by the senior pastor.
- Participates regularly in the public worship and programs of the church.
- Participates actively as a member of Session.
- Participates regularly in the work of the Presbytery of the Gulf South.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned by the pastor or Session.
- Reports directly to the senior pastor as head of staff and indirectly to the Session as a fellow presbyter.
- Works cooperatively, collegially, and harmoniously with the other pastors and staff members.
How To Apply
**Please submit application to Kyle Beall via email ([email protected]).