Gloria Dei Lutheran Church was founded over 75 years ago and is set in a beautiful rural atmosphere in Tomah, WI, a town of about 10,000 people. Tomah is located on the western side of Wisconsin and is within 45 minutes of La Crosse and 90 minutes of Eau Claire and Madison. The Tomah area provides a variety of outdoor opportunities, bordering the Coulee Region and nestled in the Driftless Region, for hiking, canoeing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, fishing, hunting, and biking on one of the nation’s first bike trails using abandoned railroad beds. Tomah is uniquely situated between two military bases, Ft. McCoy (U.S. Army) and Volk Field (Wisconsin Air National Guard) and is also home to a Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Gloria Dei embodies a traditional Lutheran background with a thriving, generous congregation affording a strong financial position to support youth and mission work. Each Sunday, Gloria Dei hosts one traditional worship service and one contemporary service, along with Wednesday evening worship. Sunday education hour takes place for children ages 3 years – 6th grade and adults. Confirmation class takes place on Wednesday evenings for middle school students. Gloria Dei has a strong council foundation and tremendous support from its members and community. Gloria Dei also has the support of two retired military Chaplains, serving as support to the chaplain staff.
The Associate Pastor will exhibit exceptional conversational skills, demonstrating an ability to connect with members of all ages. He/she will be passionate about youth ministry, with a desire to expand and build youth programming, education, and worship, and focus on engaging with youth in the community. Whole family ministry will be a focus for the Associate Pastor, with knowledge of family systems and dynamics being crucial for this position. This Associate Pastor will work collaboratively with the Senior Pastor, Director of Education, Volunteer Coordinator, and other Gloria Dei staff to enhance the ministry and promote future growth for the church.
The Associate Pastor shall:
- Hold education through a Master of Divinity or Theology from an accredited seminary (or is in the process of obtaining), and follow the doctrine as described on the LCMC website.
- Coordinate, execute, and expand programs for spiritual growth and Ministry of youth, to include Sunday and Wednesday education, outreach, and fellowship.
- Be responsible for developing and executing youth and adult programs, camps, retreats, mission trips, and group outings.
- Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Exhibit excellent Bible-based preaching, teaching, and communication skills.
- Strive in word and action to be a worthy example in Christian living.
- Be organized, able to work with volunteers and congregation members, and willing to serve alongside other staff in any way necessary.
In addition to the above qualifications, the Associate Pastor will also be responsible for, in collaboration with the Senior Pastor:
- Providing Pastoral leadership for meetings, activities, and organizations.
- Administrative duties, including overseeing the Director of Education.
- Visiting the homebound, sick, and grieving, as well as members in local care facilities.
- Officiating at special services, planning and leading worship services.
- Remaining active and present within the community as a representative of Gloria Dei.
How To Apply
Please send: Cover Letter/Resume/References to Keith Laugen, Chair, Gloria Dei Lutheran Church Call Committee, 310 West Elizabeth Street, Tomah, WI 54660
You may email Keith Laugen regarding any questions you may have at [email protected].