Associate Student Pastor
Job Summary and Purpose:
The Associate Student Pastor will assist the Student Pastor in guiding, leading, and equipping students in our Student Ministry and the local community. The Associate Student Pastor must have excellent relational and communication skills. This role requires passion, hard work, a teachable spirit, and enjoyment about being part our fast-growing community. Commitment to assisting in all areas of student ministry and partnering with the Kids Ministry Team for the success of kids, students and families is critical for this role.
Culture is critical to the success of Cross Timbers and its employees. We define our culture in this way. “The environment we create by how we work and how we work with each other”. We continually strive for a high output, happy and healthy team; H3. We invest in our staff to develop their skills, so they thrive in their roles as well as focusing on helping them to develop spiritually.
As a condition of employment with Cross Timbers, it is essential (required) that employees and their families become active participants in the life and ministry of CT. This includes regular attendance to services and finding a way to volunteer with a ministry not in the scope of this job.
- 4-year degree or equivalent preferred
- Ministry experience, specifically Student Ministry preferred
- Able to develop (write) and teach content and curriculum for Student Ministry
- Must possess a confident, articulate, and engaging stage presence
- Experience in managing Serve Team (volunteer) members preferred
- Experience with organizing, coordinating, and executing events
- Willing and open to change, be flexible in a variety of situations
- A team player giving and receiving input, willing to compromise & cooperate
- Exhibit clear and effective verbal and non-verbal communications skills
- Able to develop people and systems to optimize growth and effectiveness
- Forward thinker who assumes responsibility and takes initiative
- Must possess a genuine humility and work well in the context of a team
- Clearance of a criminal background check
A Cross Timbers Church pastor exhibits the heart to pray for, provide spiritual guidance, encourage, and lead people to Christ. The church qualifies and commissions a pastor as an individual who has been given the responsibility and or authority to administer in full or in part the following:
- Biblical Teaching to the congregation or sub-part of the congregation (i.e., kids; students; college, financial freedom)
- Lead or have oversight of a church ministry, program, or department
- Perform religious/spiritual functions of the church
- Funerals/memorial services
- Pastoral (not licensed) counsel
A Cross Timbers Church pastor will become a part of the Pastor On-Call rotation cycle which helps the organization accomplish and meet the needs of various pastoral aspects in the life and ministry of the church.
- Assist in teaching students on Wednesday and Sunday nights
- Oversee Students on Sunday mornings, including but not limited to, management of content and curriculum, recruiting and leading Serve Team, and setup and tear-down of Student Ministry events
- Build relationships at local schools through visibility within the community, attending school and/or community functions with an emphasis on Argyle Middle School, Argyle High School, and Liberty Christian
- Oversee, maintain, and develop the Serve Team on-boarding process
- Own the first-time guest process on Wednesday nights
- Maintain and develop Serve Team relationships through regular meetings with current Serve Team members and through recruitment of new Serve Team members
- Assist in writing and creating the curriculum for Wednesday nights, Sunday nights
- Help organize and coordinate Student Ministry events
- Stay informed on current student educational methods, materials, and promotional ideas
- Baptism follow-up
- Other related duties as assigned by the Manager
The statements contained in the document are intended to describe the general nature of this role and level of work performed by employees in this role. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this role. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their Manager.
- The hours of work may vary within the 7:00 am – 7:00 pm work-window on a general basis. The established work week is Sunday through Saturday for payroll purposes and is based upon a 40-hour work week. Full-time staff work weeks are categorized by position as Monday – Friday or Sunday–Thursday. This role may be approved for a flex schedule which include the potential for 1-2 days remote working with the remainder of the workdays in-office. A finalized schedule will be established with the Manager but typically falls within the general hours noted below.
- A 1-hour lunch break is provided and required to be taken by an employee. The actual time of the lunch break is determined with the manager.
- The hours listed below are generalized work hours and may or may not be done in the office depending on the needs of the position and approval of the manager on any given day. Employees must understand that ministry does not always fall within a normal schedule and working outside of that schedule can periodically including weekends, evenings and holidays for CT sponsored events that are essential (required). Additional hours outside the normal scope of the role such as these will be coordinated with the manager and may be accommodated with comp time and/or a temporary adjustment to the normal schedule.
- General Hours – This generalized schedule allows for the flexibility needed to fulfill a 40-hour work week in a ministry environment. The expectation of a full-time employee is always 40 hours of work.
- Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. (hours will vary by need for Argyle Campus)
- Sunday 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. (hours will vary by need for the Hope Center)
- All full-time employees are required to attend essential staff meetings/functions. All employees will have various essential (required) workdays such as Christmas and Easter services and possibly the week leading up to each holiday or surrounding other essential functions/events. The essential dates may vary for each ministry area. The schedule for these services or other special events (in-person or digital) can vary according to the needs and the yearly calendar as determined by Leadership. Vacation and personal time should not be scheduled during those times. Any exceptions or requests to be absent other than illness must be approved by the manager and/or Human Resources.
Work Environment – Physical Requirements:
Position requires bending, stooping, and stretching to file, and occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 25-50 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Manager: Student Pastor
General Work Week: Sunday – Thursday
Salary Range: $40K to $45K
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their manager.
The employment relationship remains subject to the employment at will doctrine in the State of Texas, meaning either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice If you are in agreement with the above, please sign and return this document to Human Resources.
How To Apply
To apply, click here.