Global Student Pastor
Denomination: Baptist – SBC
Weekly Attendance: 1200
Meet Bannockburn Church:
Since our start in May of 1973, Bannockburn Church has existed to share the truth of the Gospel, demonstrating God’s love and communicating His word with as many people in the South Austin area as possible. Founded by Pastor James Abington and 136 others, Bannockburn’s Spirit-led mission and Biblical teaching advanced a once small congregation located in the pastures of Brodie Lane to explode into one of the largest churches in the South Austin area. As Austin has grown, so too has Bannockburn. Hallmarks of our church include worship, prayer, discipleship, and missional service, and these have flourished over the years. Bannockburn’s desire to take the Gospel beyond South Austin led to our first multi-site campus in Dripping Springs in 2010. Bannockburn opened its third campus in the Buda/Kyle communities south of Austin in September 2022, continuing the mission to reach the greater Austin area with the Gospel. Regardless of location, Bannockburn remains passionate to see others grow in their relationship with Jesus, each other, and the community.
About the Global Student Pastor:
The primary purpose of the Global Student Ministry Pastor of Bannockburn will be to help establish and grow the student ministry for the South Austin campus, while providing strategic leadership for the overall student ministry at Bannockburn’s 3 campuses. The successful candidate for this position must have a passion for students and understand the importance of working with both parents and volunteers to see them know God and grow spiritually. We are looking for someone who naturally takes initiative. Additionally, they should understand the dynamics of working within a multi-site environment as well as leading and managing teams. This role will also provide support to the South Austin Campus Pastor. They need to have a clearly evident love for both God and people.
The Global Student Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
South Austin Student Pastor:
- Develop and lead weekly discipleship environments for middle school and high school students (this includes planning curriculum and preparing/delivering messages for students)
- Create and run events that foster growth and outreach for the student ministry
- Engage well and have a good rapport with parents
- Resourcing parents with insights as to how to be the primary disciplers of their children
- Recruit, train, serve, and lead ministry volunteers
- Manage and maintain student ministry budget and expenditures
- Partner with like-minded youth ministries and schools
- Assist campus pastor with running of campus (especially in his absence)
- Meet weekly with campus staff for staff development, planning & prayer
- Successfully model the life of a follower of Christ to the next generation
Global Student Pastor Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to the overall Student Ministry at Bannockburn Church
- Lead, along with other campus student pastors, to envision, design and implement church-wide events and programs for students (DNow, retreats, camps,outreach, etc)
Associate Campus Pastor responsibilities:
- Up front leadership responsibilities in Worship services
- Providing leadership as requested or required in support of the South Austin Campus Pastor.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Student Pastor:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (having completed some sort of biblical studies would be helpful)
- A willingness and desire to pursue a Master’s Degree (if not already earned)
- Multisite experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience leading in Student Ministry is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Has administrative gifts to create, organize and execute leadership in ministry settings.
- Is comfortable and proficient in using social media for ministry
- Works well with a flexible schedule
- Has the ability to lead and train staff and volunteers
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- A team-oriented, servant-leader who enjoys collaborating with other leaders in implementing a ministry vision
- Is a Self Starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Has a clear calling to reach and disciple students in the greater Austin area
- Possesses a deep commitment to knowing and following Jesus in all of life
What it’s Like to Live in Austin,TX:
Being one of the most popular cities to move to in the United States, Austin is the 4th fastest-growing city among the largest cities in the nation. Austin consistently gets placed on various top 10 lists of cities to live in. People love to come here for many reasons. It is a beautiful city with a series of lakes snaking through it, one of which is looped with hiking trails right along Downtown. This city on the edge of the Texas Hill Country has many recreational opportunities close by and, as the home of Lance Armstrong, is a cyclist’s paradise.
With the University of Texas and its 50,000+ students in its center, Austin has always been an extremely vibrant, young, and progressive city. While its motto “Keep Austin Weird” reflects its culture of uniqueness, it has also become one of the major centers of the technology industry, with new companies like Dell Computers starting up all the time.
Austin is one of the major centers of music and other arts. It is known as the “Live Music Capital of the World” due to the 250 live music venues and its hosting of a couple of the largest music and arts festivals in the country. Austin is also a great place for people in the film industry. According to Moviemaker.com, it is the 3rd most important film industry center in America after LA and NY.
With all of its appeals, Austin still maintains a reasonable cost of living, so people find that their quality of life is much more manageable here. All of this makes Austin an extremely strategic city for ministry. With people moving to Austin from all over the United States and the world, it is both a cultural crossroads and a microcosm of the country as a whole. At the same time, it still has a rootedness in Texas culture and history. With this eclectic nature, ministry that is developed and successful here will be effective throughout the country.
How To Apply
Submit your resume to the following link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/bannockburn-church-global-student-pastor