Date Posted: February 11, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Riverview Baptist Church
New Milford, CT, USA
Job Type: Bi-vocational
Riverview Baptist Church (New Milford, CT) Bi-Vocational Pastor
The Big Picture
Riverview Baptist Church (riverviewbaptistchurch.us) is seeking a bi-vocational Pastor who will oversee the church ministries guiding the church through his preaching, teaching, shepherding, and training of others to do the work of ministry.
- Speak at 40+ services per year. As bi-vocational, one Sunday off each month.
- Speak at various weekday ministries.
- Speak on behalf of the church, as requested, at community events or meetings.
- Pastoral Care:
- Oversee pastoral care and counseling.
- Make regular hospital visits (hospital is 2 miles away).
- Pray with people on a regular or daily basis.
- Develop people to assist in the spiritual care of members and attenders.
- Supervise age-related ministries.
- Ensure all ministries focus on conversion and spiritual growth.
- Ensure doctrinal integrity across all ministries.
- Bring clarity to Biblical interpretation.
- Oversee churchwide communication with an open hand.
- Develop external communication including social media.
- Prayer Ministry:
- Establish a churchwide emphasis on prayer as a priority in ministries.
- Highlight prayer as a key component in ministry.
- Make the development of leaders one of the church’s priorities.
- Work with all leadership teams of the church.
- Assist in the alignment, development, and oversight of the church budget.
- A clear conversion testimony, immersion baptism, and firm call to ministry.
- Agreement with the doctrine, vision, and practices of Riverview Baptist Church.
- Passionate about personal evangelism and making reproducing disciples.
- Lead people as he reveals the fruit of the spirit in his life.
- His family, if married, must wholeheartedly and actively support his calling.
- We are seeking a non-divorced man as pastor.
- A bachelor or M.Div. from a Bible college or theological seminary.
- Preferably ordained.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to pass all approved church background checks.
* Living accommodation – Parsonage
* Oil & Electricity – covered by the Church
* Salary $1000/Month
How To Apply
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these four questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the pastor for Riverview Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Riverview Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Riverview Baptist Church?
- What is your bi-vocational plan?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to [email protected].