Orovada Community Church, Orovada Nevada – Bi-Vocational Pastor
OCC is seeking a new pastor and wife. We are an IFCA church and the new pastor would be expected to be supportive of the IFCA and preferably to be or become an IFCA member.
This is a small but healthy church in a rural farm and ranch community. The previous pastor suddenly passed away in July 2022. Currently we have a N.I.C.E. missionary as the interim pastor.
The normal Sunday attendance is usually between 15 to 25 persons.
The community of Orovada consists of approximately 125 people which are very spread out. The nearest location for shopping is the town of Winnemucca which is 42 miles (35 minute drive) to the south on Highway 95. A convenience store and gas station is just behind the church property.
A three-bedroom two bath parsonage with a large garage is provided and is on the church property.
Duties will include all the duties and responsibilities that are commensurate with that of a pastor of a small church in a small rural community.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Regular preaching and teaching in Sunday School and Worship service
- Establish mid-week Bible study as able
- Conduct personal discipleship as able
- Oversee all ministries of the church
- Plan and lead regular worship services
- Minor church facility housekeeping, and maintenance, and as necessary grounds keeping
- Attend community events and become involved in the community. (Everyone attends the community events.)
The church is not in a position to offer a fully supportive salary with benefits. However, this would be an ideal ministry for a missionary pastor, or a pastor that has retirement income, or some other source of additional income. The new pastor may be bi-vocational as needed.
The church is located at the foot of Sawtooth Mountain. See our Facebook page for pictures. This area is a hiker’s paradise. Rock collectors come from miles around to hunt for rocks and gems. If you are a hunter, you will also find this area appealing.
Because the membership is so small there is much time for personal recreation, study, writing, or hobbies. This is an ideal retirement position. It also gives you the time to become quite close with the people of the church.
How To Apply
Please look over the job description. Along with your resume please answer these four questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor for Orovada Community Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Orovada Community Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Orovada Community Church (IFCA).
- What is your bi-vocational plan?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions and a sermon link to [email protected].