Roy Community Church (Roy, MT) Bi-Vocational Pastor
The Big Picture
Roy Community Church (facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064771323968) is seeking a bi-vocational Pastor.
Location: Roy, Montana located in Fergus County.
- Central Montana
- 37 miles northeast of Lewistown
- 2½ hours north of Billings and 2½ hours east of Great Falls
- ½ hour south of Missouri Breaks National Monument
- Town is unincorporated.
- 134 residents.
- Avg. age 50.
- Median household income: $41,591.
- Public School https://roy.k12.mt.us/.
- Employment: Ranching, public school, commuting to Lewistown (County seat), and retired.
- Grocery Store
- Restaurant and bar
Church used to be Presbyterian (USA?) but left over homosexuality. The church owns its buildings (it has two) and the property. It is also the “owner” of the town’s cemetery. The congregation consists of around 35 to 40 members, with an average weekly attendance of 22. About 8 people constitute a key core of leadership within the church fulfilling roles as trustees and elder. Number does not count the pastor and wife. A super majority of the congregation is above 50 and work in association with the cattle industry and/or are retired.
Congregants are Evangelical with little interest in denominational or doctrinal disputes over free-will or predestination. Though, the church tends towards eternal security and believer’s baptism. Communion with potluck occurs on the first of the month.
Presently, the church pays a weekly stipend of $200.00/week. Montanans are resourceful and can be quite generous with time, workmanship and connections. So it would be altogether unsurprising if the financial side was improved with the right candidate. The area has plenty of jobs, particularly for teachers and tradesman. Roy Public school is always looking for teachers. Teachers have the opportunity to access housing at 250/month (which is a screaming bargain in Central Montana).
The church is a great opportunity for a retired pastor looking for a slower lifestyle and the opportunity to hunt/fish/trap/hike. New ministers wishing to raise a family where traditional values are still respected should also consider this opportunity.
How To Apply
Please look over the job description. Along with your resume please answer these four questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor for Roy Community Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Roy Community Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Roy Community Church.
- What is your bi-vocational plan?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions and a sermon link to [email protected].