Crossroads Community Church (Shelby Township, MI) – Bi-vocational Pastor
The Big Picture
Crossroads Community Church (https://www.facebook.com/cccshelby.org/) is seeking a bi-vocational Pastor who will preach the Word of God, shepherd the congregation, and equip the church for works of service.
We believe that God has faithfully maintained and supported CCC since its foundation in 1953 because of our historical obedience to maintaining his purpose and desire for our lives in serving God – and because of an enduring and vigorous faith in the sacrificial crucifixion of his son Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin. It is our desire for God to continue in his grace and mercy upon this local body and, for that reason, we believe that growth of the church will be crucial to its long term continuation. The Lead Pastor must be someone with the desire and ability to provide a vision for growth and to effectively execute that vision with the support of the Elders, Deacons, and local body. In addition to the focus on growth of the local body the Lead Pastor should desire to provide leadership in all areas of ministry with significant support from the Assistant Pastor, Elders, and Deacons.
The candidate should manifest the following personal characteristics:
- Personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, with an emphasis upon gentleness, self-control, character, knowledge of God’s Word, spiritual maturity, personal prayer, and spiritual leadership, allowing the Holy Spirit to direct him/her.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent and qualified to serve as a pastor in an evangelical church.
- A commitment to the Evangelical Church, its fellowship, theological stance, and objectives.
- Experience preferred in a local church.
$30,000 per year plus the use of the adjacent parsonage (approximately 1500 square foot single family ranch style home with attached garage). Utilities are included in the compensation package. 2 weeks of vacation per year are included. No more than 4 Sunday absences are expected unless at the discretion of the congregation.
How To Apply
Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Crossroads?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Crossroads?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with Crossroads?
- Please share your bi-vocational plan?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].