Bookkeeper Office Assistant
The Bookkeeper Office Assistant is responsible for managing financial business processes. This includes processing weekly offerings and other forms of income, and bill payment as well as oversight of purchasing, expense reimbursement, and check requests. They will also monitor expense reporting and work with ministries to stay on budget. The Bookkeeper Office Assistant is also responsible for providing front-end office support and maintaining all aspects of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains all financial records of the church
• Prepares financial statements, invoices, and letters
• Supports the pastors and the members of the Finance Committee in preparing financial documents and reports
• Reviews invoices and obtains approval from authorized individuals for payment
• Prepares checks for signature
• Records all cash receipts and payments processed in the church’s accounting system
• Reconciles credit card activity monthly
• Alerts responsible individual of any unusual financial activity noted during his/her work
• Answers phones and directs calls to the correct people
• Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate place
• Takes minutes at meetings
• Creates memos, reports and agendas as needed
• Negotiates with suppliers and vendors to gather quotes, order supplies, and maintain office inventory
• Coordinates appointment scheduling and building use requests
• Prints weekly publications (prayer sheet, sermon transcript, bulletins, Children’s Worship bulletins)
• Prepares sermon transcripts and sermon audio to be posted to the website
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Intermediate level knowledge of QuickBooks or other similar financial accounting software
• Basic level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Basic level knowledge of bookkeeping concepts such as balancing accounts and understanding financial reports
• Knowledge in effectively using online banking systems (e.g., downloading transactions)
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Effective and professional communication abilities, including being able to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors, clients or guests
• Professional writing capabilities, including emails, memos, letters and other industry-related reports, documents, and correspondence
• Ability to work as a part of a team
• Supports the mission and vision of WEFC and is either a church member or subscribes to WEFC’s statement of faith.
• This position is ideal for someone with 3 to 5 years’ experience as a bookkeeper and/or office worker in a church or business environment.
• Possession of a BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant work experience preferred
• Possess a working knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office 365 and other related applications.
• Human Resource experience would be considered a plus.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]thefc.com.