Weekly Attendance: 3,500
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
The Role: Pastor of Middle School Ministries
Meet Calvary Church:
Welcome to Calvary! We are an Evangelical, Non-Denominational church with deep roots in the Charlotte community.
At Calvary, you’ll find many opportunities to grow as an authentic follower of Jesus, build Christ-centered relationships, and serve others using your gifts and talents.
The Calvary family is friendly and diverse — including all ages and all backgrounds with more than 100 countries represented!
What brings us together is our desire to worship God and be authentic followers of Jesus Christ.
About the Pastor of Middle School Ministries:
This full-time position is responsible for modeling what it means to be an authentic follower of Jesus Christ at home, at church, and in the community. He must demonstrate a firm commitment to the Calvary Articles of Faith, Mission & Purpose and Philosophy of Ministry and commit to pray for Calvary Church and Calvary Student Ministry.
The Pastor of Middle School Ministries works under the supervision of the Chief of Staff and is responsible for overseeing the ministry of students and their families in grades 6 – 8. He is expected to work closely with the Pastor of High School Ministry and other pastors to ensure the Middle School Ministry fits in the overall mission of equipping students to be and make authentic followers of Jesus Christ.
The Pastor of Middle School Ministries Will:
- Support the mission and vision of Calvary Church.
- Build relationships with students and parents.
- Establish himself as a Biblically sound teacher.
- Connect with young families as they look to return post-COVID.
- Establish trusting relationships.
- Have the ability to craft lessons that are deep, challenging, and on a Middle School level.
- Start building up the volunteer team.
- Have the ability to navigate tough conversations with students and parents.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- A seminary degree is required (Mdiv strongly preferred but open to others).
- Ordained in a similar church required.
- 3+ years of experience in a related ministry role.
- Passionately loves Jesus.
- Committed to having a dedicated walk with God that prioritizes both church and family.
- Consistently exhibits a Christlike character.
- Humble and teachable.
- Passionate about student ministry.
- Has a very strong work ethic.
- Good sense of humor.
- Deep understanding of the Word of God.
- Able to connect with people from all walks of life.
- Has an authentic, genuine spirit in their faith, work, and relationships.
- Team player who enjoys having fun with a staff team.
What it’s Like to Live in Charlotte, North Carolina:
North Carolina is made up of three distinct regions, and Charlotte is located along the state’s southern border in the region known as the Piedmont Plateau. This central area is considered the state’s economic hub. The city of Charlotte is a pleasant urban area with a lot of Southern charm. With the mountainous region on the west and the coast to the east, it is only a few hours’ drive to the Appalachian Mountains and North Carolina’s white-sand beaches.
Charlotte is the second-largest banking hub in the U.S., just behind New York City. This has given the city a strong economy which has helped to drive consistent population growth for decades. Charlotte takes pride in its cityscape, but its essence is probably better captured by the diverse suburban areas, each having its own unique style.
Known as the “Queen City”, people are drawn to Charlotte for its geographical location, generally temperate weather, relative affordability, and local culture. Another bonus that locals may take for granted is the cleanliness of the city. The downtown area is well-kept and relatively free from trash and graffiti, and there is a level of pride that the residents of Charlotte have in their city. Neighborhoods like Myers Park and Dilworth are laced with large, old trees that separate the busy intersections and commercial areas. Charlotte is like a metaphorical city, having both the Old South and current metropolitan influences. It provides a balance of both styles and caters to many different types of people.
How To Apply
Apply through the following link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/calvary-church-pastor-of-middle-school-ministries