As a large and growing church located in New England, Walnut Hill is passionate about reaching areas of Connecticut where few know the love of Christ and where there is need for a strong evangelical witness. Accordingly, Walnut Hill’s New Milford Campus serves as a base from which strategic evangelistic and outreach ministries are developed and initiated and from which the discipleship of new believers can effectively take place in the context of a loving, Christ-centered congregation.
As a member of the Walnut Hill staff, the New Milford Campus Pastor joins a team that is committed to standing with one another to serve God in His strength and purpose to change the world for His glory. His or her time will be dedicated to the growth, care and leadership development of the congregation, as well as the oversight and leadership of the weekend service and midweek discipleship programs. In partnership with other Walnut Hill staff and his/her leaders, the New Milford Campus Pastor will establish an evangelistic strategy, overall ministry plan and care structure for Walnut Hill’s ministry in the Greater New Milford area.
Staff Team Involvement
- Staff Campus Team o Participate in once-a-month team meetings.
o Participate in the development of churchwide campus ministry.
o Participate in weekly staff meetings.
o Participate in semi-annual Pastors and Directors meetings.
o Coordinate with other staff in the calendaring of events and activities.
- Pastoral Team Member
o As a member of the Walnut Hill pastoral team, the New Milford Campus Pastor will be asked to lead services and events, as well as to be available to pray and care for members of the church as needed.
o The New Milford Campus Pastor will be called on to teach; preach; lead communion; conduct baptisms, marriages and funerals; and perform other activities as needed.
New Milford Congregation and Service
- Provide pastoral leadership at New Milford services.
- Participate in service planning with the Walnut Hill Worship and Arts team.
- Develop and oversee volunteer teams to put on weekly services.
- Foster a warm and welcoming environment where people are connected to the life and ministry of the campus.
- Establish and maintain healthy Community Groups and Crews.
- With the help of Walnut Hill’s Pastoral Care team, ensure that pastoral care is appropriately taking place.
- Maintain a contact list of the New Milford congregation.
- Hold periodic Starting Line (Membership) classes, newcomers events, etc.
New Milford Leadership Development
- Establish, develop and grow a New Milford Leadership Team to help lead and support campus ministry.
o Areas include (but are not limited to) Children and Youth ministries, Prayer, Guest Services, Community Groups, Church in Action, Worship, Care and Discipleship.
New Milford Evangelism and Outreach
- Excite, equip and mobilize the New Milford congregation to share their faith and actively participate in and lead key areas of ministry.
- Work with the Walnut Hill staff to develop culturally relevant evangelistic, outreach and discipleship strategies to reach and impact children, youth and adults in Greater New Milford with the love of Christ.
o Utilize the campus facility and strategic location by engaging in community outreach. Partner with the neighborhood and provide opportunities for evangelism using the gym for sports ministry and community activities.
- Prioritize and initiate evangelistic and outreach strategies.
o Engage appropriate Walnut Hill pastors to develop targeted initiatives.
o Identify, equip and mobilize the New Milford congregation to help plan and run initiatives.
o Work with leaders and volunteers to maximize the health and effectiveness of ministry.
- Provide appropriate information regarding the New Milford Campus to the Communications Department for social media, website, etc.
- Provide oversight in relation to budgets and controls within the campus and ministry.
- Perform duties required in staff management – oversight of paid leaders within the campus (tech, worship and children’s/youth), ministry planning and periodic results/measurement reporting.
- In partnership with the Facilities Director, approve events and activities occurring in the New Milford Campus and report any issues and concerns regarding maintenance and upkeep of the facility.
- Representing Walnut Hill, participate in opportunities both domestically and internationally to further the mission and vision of the church.
Qualifications, Gifts and Strengths
- Unwavering commitment to Jesus Christ demonstrated through Christian maturity
- Commitment to the doctrinal stances of Walnut Hill Community Church
- B.A. or Masters (or the equivalent), with church ministry experience preferred
- Appropriate experience in related ministries
- Proven leadership gifts and skills – balance of pastoral gifts with strength in team leading, management and implementation; self-starter, enthusiastic, hardworking and proven ability to motivate and build relationships with others; dynamic leadership
- Gifts of an overseer — strength and passion for directing and ministering; team player
- Flexible and decisive with the ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadline
How To Apply
Submit your resume to [email protected], please include your earliest start date and if you are able to commute to New Milford, Connecticut, or if you are willing to relocate.