The Chinese Bible Church of Greater Boston (CBCGB) is a vibrant, non-denominational evangelical church with a long history of overseas missions and local outreach. Founded over 50 years ago by Chinese immigrants in a house church, it now serves about 1,300 multicultural worshippers each week across its primary Lexington campus and a location in downtown Boston.
Cross Bridge is a 250-person English-language congregation at CBCGB’s main Lexington site. The congregation consists of many families, working professionals, and students from various local area universities.
Cross Bridge is notable for its high rate of service and giving across its members, and for being a congregation that seeks substantive and accurate Bible teaching. It has also sent a significant number of its own members in recent years into missions and full-time Christian ministry.
This is a unique opportunity to serve with other Cross Bridge staff to help lead a congregation at a pivotal moment in its long history: evolving beyond an English-speaking congregation within a Chinese Church into a multicultural ministry with a distinct identity of its own, but with the backing of and in concert with the larger church.
In accordance with this, the Fellowship Pastor will drive Cross Bridge’s college, young adult, and family fellowships. The Fellowship Pastor will have a specific focus on discipleship, pastoral care, and outreach to build a strong foundation for these demographics while also looking and leading outward. The Fellowship Pastor will — through working in partnership with the current English Pastor — define a vision, strategy, and direction for these specific fellowship groups, and for fellowships as a whole.
An ideal candidate will have cross-cultural competency and experience, particularly with American-born Chinese culture. Given that CBCGB is a multicultural and cross demographic church body, this role will require collaborating with lay leadership within both Cross Bridge and the broader CBCGB church leadership. Candidates are not required to be able to speak, read, or write Chinese.
Although preaching is not a primary responsibility for this role, the Fellowship Pastor will be expected to preach once a month on average.
- M.Div or equivalent degree(s).
- 2+ years of professional experience leading and/or starting college, young adult, and/or family ministries.
- Experience working collaboratively with lay and pastoral leadership in a multicultural environment.
- Adheres to CBCGB’s bylaws (see https://www.cbcgb.org/resources/document/by-law) and agrees with its doctrinal statements.
- Meets the biblical qualifications of character for pastors.
- 1+ years experience in ministry with American-born Chinese.
- 1+ years experience in local outreach-focused ministries.
- Experience with discipleship across different demographics.
- Commitment to, and practice of, expository preaching.
- 1+ years experience working with children or families’ spiritual growth.
How To Apply
Procedure for Candidacy
If you are interested in this role, please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, statement of faith, and link to sermon recording(s), to [email protected] .