Church of the Apostles
chief musician (Part-time)
To oversee the music ministry of our congregation for the glory of God and the equipping of the saints.
Late Summer/Fall 2023. Minimum of 1 year commitment.
Part-time at 5-10 hours a week (hourly) with opportunity to grow.
Paid position at $30/hr. without benefits. Four Sundays off a year. Approved ministry expenses can be reimbursed.
Reports to the Pastor, Matt Grimsley, and is under the oversight of the Leadership Council, with annual reviews.
- A mature faith as evidenced by a love for God and neighbor.
- Exemplary character in the vein of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Agrees with the vision and values of Church of the Apostles.
- Values collaborative work and thrives in a team environment.
- Musical ability to lead worship.
- Leadership ability to cultivate strong team dynamics.
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage teams.
- Desire & ability to shepherd members of the team.
- Committed to theological and liturgical education and growth.
- Ability to engage with the arts in the church and in the city.
- Proficiency with worship-related technology (sound, Planning Center, streaming, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Pastor to plan weekly worship and special worship services.
- Lead weekly rehearsals and services (communicate via Planning Center).
- Recruit, train, manage, and shepherd members of the music team.
- Liaison with other worship related teams (admin, sound, facility, sacraments (including acolytes)).
- Think through and help implement liturgical expressions during each season (worship guides, aesthetics, art, etc.).
- Lead COTA in engaging the arts outside of the church.
- Participate in staff life as able — staff meetings, prayer, etc.
How To Apply
Contact Matt Grimsley at [email protected].