Princeton Christian Church is located in Princeton, New Jersey and is mainly composed of first generation Chinese immigrants and their children. There are approximately 250 adults and 50 youth and 50+ children in PCC.
PCC is a nondenominational church. Its central mission is to promote, among Christians living in the greater Princeton vicinity and beyond, a biblically-oriented community life structured in worship, edification, prayer, fellowship and other activities consistent with the Christian faith.
We are seeking a Children’s Ministry Director who will be responsible for leading the children’s ministry (from toddler to 6th grade), to ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to equip the kids for their life-long spiritual walk, to teach a Bible-based curriculum and encourage a godly life style among the children, to encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children, and to outreach to the community.
- Oversee and lead various children’s ministries, which include: Sunday school, Friday night children program, Vacation Bible School, special events.
- Select and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programs for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, pray for, and lead children’s ministry coworkers.
- Communicate consistently with parents, and provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership and parenting.
- Provide care for children and families within the church, including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Born-again Christian, called by God to serve in full-time ministry.
- Agree with PCC Statement of Faith.
- Love for children and families.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the doctrines and practices of Christian faith, preferably with formal Christian seminary education.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in children’s ministry.
- Married or engaged preferred.
- The applicants have to be currently living in the USA. PCC will not be responsible nor assist in applying for the legal immigrant status/ green card (Permanent Residence), the applicants have to be qualified for legal working in the USA.
- Responsible to the Board of Elders and Deacons, working under the Deacon of Education Department.
- Salary compensation will be decided by the Board of Elders and Deacons based upon the candidate’s qualification and experience.
- Other benefits include health insurance, pension, vacation, etc.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for PCC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Children’s Ministry Director of PCC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of PCC?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to [email protected].