Full Time Children’s Ministry Director (Kids Zone)
We are a church, located 40 minutes from Boston, for people who’ve given up on church but not on God. Over the past two decades, God has used New England Chapel to help many New Englanders – young and old from all kinds of backgrounds – find faith. There are no hard and fast rules, instead we lead with openness, love and we keep it real: Love God. Love others. We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as our children’s ministry director – someone who can adapt to NEC’s unique style and vision – who doesn’t take themselves too seriously, yet seriously loves the Lord and serving God’s people.
- Our mission is, to build authentic community through friendships, small groups and worship where people who have given up on church but not on God can experience, embrace and express the love of God in Jesus Christ so we can be a blessing within and beyond our walls.
- First-timers, unchurched, those burnt from church often find a place/feel a pull, and are greatly welcomed in all that we do. Kids Zone is often the first connection for many of these families.
- There are 10+ full and part-time staff and many staff volunteers and volunteer leaders
- Franklin is a suburban town of about 35,000 people located 40 miles southwest of Boston
- Our community is 500+ strong
- We believe that a strong ministry to kids and families is a vital element of our desire to bring people to faith
- We are JUST NOW opening up our brand new building facilities inside a refurbished bowling alley right in the heart of Franklin. Not since we first opened our doors, has there been a more exciting time to be a part of the ministry of New England Chapel!
KIDS ZONE MISSION:
Our greatest hope is that Kids Zone is a connection point for a child\’s lifelong understanding of God\’s great big LOVE. Our goal is that kids know to their core they are never too big or small, weak or strong to be outside of God\’s love for them. We promise to support a child\’s discovery of God\’s character by investing in the very best volunteers to walk alongside kids and families, and to provide opportunities for real life, everyday ways, to share God\’s Great BIG Love.
- Create a safe, engaging, warm, and welcoming atmosphere for kids and families to connect with God and each other.
- Develop and implement a relevant and engaging strategy for communicating Biblical truth to kids which nurtures their faith in Christ and equips them to live out God’s purposes for them.
- Partner with parents and caregivers through a variety of means to equip them, keep them connected, informed and inspired to fulfill their significant role at home (resources, seminars, special events and informational sessions ie: baptism and communion).
- Recruit, develop, inspire and equip volunteers, including a kid’s ministry leadership team.
- Maintain and leverage digital strategies to connect, promote and enhance learning strategies.
- Oversee Sunday morning large group and small group experiences in both Little Kids and Big Kids Zone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through a love of God and others.
- Feel a passion for and alignment with New England Chapel mission, vision, and values.
- Passion, vision and calling for effective ministry to children and families.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Bible and how to teach it to others.
- Knowledge and experience teaching and leading children and a general knowledge of child and faith development.Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults including the ability to connect with, recruit and empower adult volunteers.
- Humility and emotional intelligence with a teachable nature willing and able to work effectively with teams of capable people.
- Administrative skills for managing people and details well.
- Technological skills for social media, A/V and presentation production.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of children’s ministry experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred but not required
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteer teams, handling and resolving difficult situations in a skilled and professional manner.
Ask yourself, do I have:
- A love for God that I can’t wait to share with kids (in a loving, fun and contagious way?)
- At least 3 years of children’s ministry experience?
- A desire to learn and adapt to NEC’s unique style and vision?
- An understanding of and a passion for helping kids grow and develop their faith from birth through elementary school?
- The ability to work as part of a team and to encourage parents and volunteers?
Did you say yes? Then apply to be a part of our team!
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]