First Congregational Church of Hamilton
Children’s Ministry Director
The First Congregational Church of Hamilton seeks a full-time Children’s Ministry Director to creatively reengage the young families of our church following Covid-19 and to winsomely minister the gospel to their children. The ideal candidate has strong relational gifts, excellent management skills, and a heart for evangelizing unchurched children and their families. The Children’s Ministry Director has oversight of children’s Sunday School classes and programs from birth through fifth grade.
- Personal commitment to Christ and love for His church.
- FCCH church member (applicants new to our church should become members).
- Warm, winsome, and gospel-centered communicator with children and parents.
- Strong leadership ability and project management skills.
- Effective time management and organization; proficient in Word and Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lay Leader Staffing and Support
- Recruit needed lay leaders (Sunday School teachers, nursery workers, event leaders, etc.).
- Facilitate ongoing teacher training and support, empowering leaders.
- Create plans for students and families with special needs in collaboration with the Pastor of Youth and Families.
- Content Development
- Select curriculum, teaching resources, and supplies.
- Participate as member of the children’s message team in Sunday worship service.
- Plan and execute Milestones in collaboration with pastoral team.
- Children and Families
- Foster relationships with children and parents.
- Provide discipleship resources and support for parents.
- Work with lay leaders on meaningful events in order to connect with children and families.
- Ensure compliance with the FCCH Child Protection Policy.
- Promote programs and events.
- Oversee physical spaces (nurseries, classrooms, etc.) with laypeople and maintenance staff.
- Conduct or delegate administrative tasks pertaining to early childhood ministries.
- Manage budget in cooperation with Stewardship Committee and financial team.
- Leadership experience in children’s ministry and team management.
- Degree or other training in ministry and/or education preferred.
- Working knowledge of biblical interpretation and child development.
How To Apply
Please send your resume to [email protected].