Children’s Ministry Pastor
Bethel Korean Presbyterian Church in Ellicott City, Maryland seeks a full-time Children’s Ministry (CM) Pastor to oversee the entirety of our CM department (Nursery-5th Grade). The successful candidate would lead and support a staff of two additional CM Pastors to lift up a new generation of Christians firmly rooted in Jesus Christ from the very beginning of their lives.
Our thriving CM is composed of 3 groups (Nursery-PreK, K-2, 3-5) totalling 250+ children from families in both our Korean-speaking (KM) and English-speaking (EM) congregations. Our CM desires to equip our children with God’s word so that they might grow in their faith journeys and identities as growing disciples of Jesus Christ. We value effective partnership with parents so that the home might be a central place of our children’s spiritual formation as they grow to live as salt and light of the world.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan and provide for biblical, Gospel-centered teaching curriculum.
- Select and develop educational discipleship plans and materials.
- Lead Sunday morning worship service for 1 CM group and coordinate Bible studies.
- Recruit and manage CM teachers and volunteers.
- Organize and lead all aspects of AWANA, our weekday program.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute yearly events such as VBS (Vacation Bible School) and Hallelujah Night(an alternative program for Halloween) and seasonal events such as Back-to-School Night, etc.
- Coordinate communications (e-mail, website, etc.) regarding CM activities.
- Oversee the CM budget and monitor appropriate use and care of the ministry’s equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Attend staff meetings and give input and support to overall vision of ministry.
- Other tasks as needed.
We are seeking someone who:
- Loves Jesus and His church and walks faithfully in dependence on God.
- Has a heart and passion for shepherding children in their Christian journeys with a strong partnership with parents/guardians.
- Has completed theological training at an accredited seminary with a commitment to reformed teaching.
- At least 3+ years of experience in children’s or youth ministry including teaching and preaching.
- Willing to work within the cultural and social dynamics of a bilingual Korean-American church.
Specifics about the position:
You will have an opportunity to help shape the landscape of CM ministry at Bethel in partnership with the Christian Education Ministry Pastors. We are accepting applications from interested candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Some links to our social media presence: