The Preschool Coordinator oversees the Children’s Ministry strategy for small groups of children ages birth – 5 not yet Kindergarten. The Preschool Coordinator is responsible for training, equipping and supporting our small group leaders and parents.
This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sunday Responsibilities:
- Arrive early to open up respective area
- Manage all gatherings ensuring areas have been prepped and ready for the day
- Communicate and cast vision to parents and volunteers
- Organize and leas volunteers in trainings
- Recruit for all open positions within area
- Oversee the clean-up of the wing after last gathering.
- Work with volunteers and Facility Manger to ensure necessary housekeeping and upkeep of area
- Weekday Responsibilities:
- Contact volunteers to plan for upcoming Sunday, ensures full roster
- Meet with leaders regularly to disciple and encourage multiplication within them
- Oversee the curriculum, edits materials and prepares it for Sunday mornings
- Task Children’s Ministry Assistant with weekly duties
- Uphold children’s ministry strategy to parents and volunteers
- Schedule all volunteers
- Work with Children’s Ministry Assistant to keep all forms and rosters up to date within database
- Manage and maintain the master volunteer schedule (confirms volunteers through email or phone calls and church database)
- Recruit volunteers for full roster.
- Work with Children’s Director and Facilities Manager to maintain physical space and equipment in classrooms. (paint touch-ups, etc.)
- Work as team with other paid Children’s Ministry Staff to develop policies, procedures, and programs for BACC children’s ministry
- Support church-wide special events
- Provide leadership to Wave Riders Preschool Family Group
- Work with Children’s Ministry Assistant to prepare resources for families
- Assist with special events for families
- Other BACC responsibilities as directed by Children’s Director
Primary Strengths / Gifts / Talents / Skills Required:
- Leadership, administration, shepherding, encouragement
- Build Relationships: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills to work effectively with others on team and within staff; interacts with others in a personable, honest, genuine, and collaborative manner; builds coalitions and partnerships to enhance effectiveness.
- Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as necessary.
- Provide leadership and expertise over all things small groups, researches best practices/strategies as well as feedback to other ideas.
- Demonstrate good written, oral, and listening skills
- Build Effective Teams: Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes appropriate procedures to complete work efficiently and effectively.
- Spiritually mature: models the lifestyle of a passionate, maturing follower of Jesus
- Has a huge heart for preschool-age children.
- Enthusiastically embraces God’s vision for Bay Area Student Ministry
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and to be flexible as projects and their importance shift
- Team player who works well with various personalities and has consistent positive influence within the CM Team
- Teachable and approachable
- Agrees with BACC Statement of Beliefs, Position Papers and meets all Ministry Partner requirements
- Attends BACC or is willing to begin attending
How To Apply
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected].